Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Austin and San Antonio can challenge Atlanta area
Round and round in circles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:27 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
I was talking about the ones you find in the Galleria. I don't see those things on the list 'LovinDecatur' linked me too, but that list has similar shops to the ones you would see in Rice Village.
Seriously whatever you may find around the Galleria in Houston, you'll most likely find around Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza in Buckhead. And if you don't find the exact store in one as you would find in the other, then you'll see a replica or similar retail outlet. I really doubt there are any serious differences between shopping in Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas. Any differences are extremely trivial and miniscule.

Austin on the other hand isn't known for shopping; and more importantly, doesn't want to be known for shopping. I can assure you that the folks in Austin don't lose any sleep over not having some of the same upscale retailers that you would find in Atlanta, Dallas, or Houston.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Seriously whatever you may find around the Galleria in Houston, you'll most likely find around Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza in Buckhead. And if you don't find the exact store in one as you would find in the other, then you'll see a replica or similar retail outlet. I really doubt there are any serious differences between shopping in Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas. Any differences are extremely trivial and miniscule.
There really isn't, though there are some differences. Atlanta has more department stores than Houston and Dallas, but Houston and Dallas seem to have more boutiques. You take some, you lose some.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
There really isn't, though there are some differences. Atlanta has more department stores than Houston and Dallas, but Houston and Dallas seem to have more boutiques. You take some, you lose some.
Thats true but atlanta is improving though i must say with the recent openings of Valetino Vera bradley etc

Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post

Austin on the other hand isn't known for shopping; and more importantly, doesn't want to be known for shopping. I can assure you that the folks in Austin don't lose any sleep over not having some of the same upscale retailers that you would find in Atlanta, Dallas, or Houston.
The stores you'll find around the Galleria are actually lots of stores only in the Houston area.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The stores you'll find around the Galleria are actually lots of stores only in the Houston area.
Not quite Most of the stores in Galleria are all over The Usa

Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I doubt it, but if that's truly the case then I'm sure you would find their counterparts here in Buckhead.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Not quite Most of the stores in Galleria are all over The Usa
Are you talking about the Galleria area or the mall?? Of course you'll find the stores you find in the Galleria all around America, but we also have stores that you'll only find in Houston or certian cities in America.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Quote:
Right.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:13 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Charlotte is a more serious contender for these two than Atlanta. Within the first tier, it's now just between Dallas and Houston. Atlanta is left out because of bigger Dallas and Houston in the state that emphasizes BIG! (but more populated cities/metros e.g. NYC, LA, CHI, DC/BAL (?), SF, Philly(?) and a state *cough* California *cough* can be found somewhere else).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City