Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota rocks over fl View Post
Minneapolis' skyline puts all others in shame!
Not quite and LA's is much larger and personally, I like it better.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 PM

631 posts, read 1,574,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota rocks over fl View Post
Minneapolis' skyline puts all others in shame!
ever seen Denver's or Dallas' (especially at night?)

Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 PM

362 posts, read 1,057,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Our new hotel is only 23 stories. Also Dallas has the tallest hotel in Texas 42 stories 550ft with over 1,840 guest rooms.The Sheraton Dallas Hotel consists of 3 towers the tallest is 42 stories 550ft, second tallest is 38 stories 353ft, and thrid tallest is 31 stories 448ft.

Wow that edges out San antonio's tallest hotel at 546 feet. what about houston?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
Wow that edges out San antonio's tallest hotel at 546 feet. what about houston?
Houston's tallest hotel is 30 stories 401ft named the Hyatt Regency Houston. So Dallas has the tallest hotel in Texas!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
NOTICE

Folks, this would be an excellent time to remind people about the photo posting guidelines in the room, as a few slips have occurred in recent posts.

Please read and follow: http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html

Thank you

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Lubbock has a new 15-story, 300-room luxury hotel close to its downtown (about a mile away). From the pictures and accounts of it, I think it's very nice.

here it is, I took this pic yesterday, the whole area around the hotel/university area is booming it seems

the city looks like its grown really good, Im sure if they put a little time into downtown it could be great too.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,572,931 times
Quote:
We ain't Miami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuiEC...eature=related

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
here it is, I took this pic yesterday, the whole area around the hotel/university area is booming it seems

the city looks like its grown really good, Im sure if they put a little time into downtown it could be great too.
lol! yeah Lubbock's is pretty lame. Even Abilene and Midland have a better skyline than Lubbock.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:25 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Thats Dallas!!!! The metro is like huge and it is booming!
Compare dallas and raleigh!

Albuquerque is getting a hotel with 750-800 rooms. Somwhere around 25 stories.

Albuquerque is almost putting Dallas to shame haha.
Raleigh is a large and booming metro (fastest growing in country). A smaller version of the Dallas area. I live two blocks from the Marriott convention center hotel, and every time I pass by it's very busy. I think you are highly misinformed. There are several other large hotels planned for downtown Raleigh. I doubt developers are foolish enough to build these projects based on little to no research...

Many believe the convention center hotel should have been much bigger and snazzier. Like you said Albuquerque NM is building a 750-800 room hotel downtown. Raleigh's should have been much bigger considering the fact the Raleigh metro is twice the size of Albuquerque's.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 AM

415 posts, read 1,209,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Raleigh has a great skyline. but when you build a Marriot that huge with like a million rooms and only 23 are rented out for the night that is hilarious.

Com'on Raleigh!! Build for what you have.

Anyway, My favorite picture of Albuquerque's Skyline.
Raleigh does build for what it is capable of. It's just that the recession is taking a toll on a lot!
And the reason for that hotel is also for the Professional Sport Venue- The Carolina Hurricanes I can bet after games their making good money. The whole metro. area has seen an EXPLOSIVE BOOM in population its the fastest growing metro in the Nation. I wouldnt doubt it that here soon it will be another Charlotte.

North Carolina in general has seen this explosive growth though. So I have a feeling that with in 20 years there are going to be cities like High Point Greensboro and Winston-Salem on the same level as Raleigh and Raleigh is going to be on the same level as Charlotte!

ANYWAYS!! my favorite skyline in the world is Charlotte!
I love everything about Charlotte though! got the NFL Panthers the NBA Bobcats and I really hope the talks of a MLB team will happen soon, and of course NASCAR!! 8 malls a great arts disctric NoDa THE EPICENTRE!! I cant wait to go there!

And anywhere you are in Charlotte you can still see the beautiful skyline. and for my fellow Charlotteans (Still working on moving there) if you want a great picture of the skyline I KNOW THE PERFECT SPOT! If you go to Johnson C. Smith University and go up the parking lot hill it all seems with in arms reach and every bit of it is there! I wish I had my camera now so I could share!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City