Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 AM

404 posts, read 595,361 times

Advertisements

Richmond, VA

Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 AM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What's with all the Phoenix haters? It's skyline outdoes San Jose's and that's a pretty big city. My cousin lives there in SJ, and I give a hard time about his skyline being puny. Hahaha it ticks him off.
Who knows...In certain threads, it's pretty predictable knowing which posters are going to show up and spread their disdain for certain cities. It showcases some people's lack of knowledge about cities in the U.S. and abroad. It's a shame people can't appreciate the differences between cities rather than wasting time complaining about why some cities aren't carbon copies of others.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Who knows...In certain threads, it's pretty predictable knowing which posters are going to show up and spread their disdain for certain cities. It showcases some people's lack of knowledge about cities in the U.S. and abroad. It's a shame people can't appreciate the differences between cities rather than wasting time complaining about why some cities aren't carbon copies of others.
Yeah exactly! Some cities have height restrictions, due to natural disasters and other occurrences.
Personally I like the way Phoenix's skyline is, there are mountains about near the city, and what's unique about them is that you can only find that kind of atmosphere in either Phoenix or Tucson. What's being neglected is the natural beauty in Arizona. You won't find two large cities like Phoenix and Tucson anywhere else in the country. Mountains and valleys with cactus's taller than every single one of us. The landscape adds uniqueness to Phoenix and Tucson.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,621,493 times
Quote:
Yeah exactly! Some cities have height restrictions, due to natural disasters and other occurrences.
Personally I like the way Phoenix's skyline is, there are mountains about near the city, and what's unique about them is that you can only find that kind of atmosphere in either Phoenix or Tucson. What's being neglected is the natural beauty in Arizona. You won't find two large cities like Phoenix and Tucson anywhere else in the country. Mountains and valleys with cactus's taller than every single one of us. The landscape adds uniqueness to Phoenix and Tucson.

I agreee i've always liked the Phoenix skyline and the San Antonio skyline yeah SA has older buldings it's an older city they are building a few new highrises in SA and the pics on hre don't even show the new Grand Hyatt DT

Old 04-15-2010, 10:16 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:

honolulu has height restrictions, yet has an amazing skyline. And I think you are dwelling far too much on the cities of Tuscon and Phoenix as a whole, this is worst SKYLINE, not city.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,061,537 times
Quote:
Ya but height restrictions and natural disasters doesn't make their skyline good, we can still say its bad, we can especially say it when it is indeed bad. Every time someone is saying a city's terrible skyline is bad, someone comes and says "OH YOU CANT SAY ITS BAD THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS" WE GET THERE ARE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T SAY PHOENIX'S TEENY TINY PATHETIC SKYLINE IS BAD.

I'm ONLY saying the skyline is bad, NOT the city of Phoenix. I would LOVE to live in Phoenix, AND I DO UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS, AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS, THE SKYLINE IS VERY PATHETIC

Old 04-15-2010, 11:02 AM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post

honolulu has height restrictions, yet has an amazing skyline. And I think you are dwelling far too much on the cities of Tuscon and Phoenix as a whole, this is worst SKYLINE, not city.
You're absolutely right, and the Honolulu/Waikiki skyline is quite underrated I believe. Yes, Phoenix does not have the best skyline, although I do not believe it is the worst. I often wonder what Phoenix would look like if you put the countless resorts/spas from Scottsdale and Phoenix and stuck them downtown or along Central Avenue and built up rather than out (like all of the hotels in Waikiki are strung together) ...guess we'll never know.

BTW, it's Tucson rather than Tuscon (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine).

Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
I think DC has the worst skyline. It's quite annoying a city this large has no skyline to look at, ever! As you drive around. Give me a skyline behind that monument or capital building!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I think DC has the worst skyline. It's quite annoying a city this large has no skyline to look at, ever! As you drive around. Give me a skyline behind that monument or capital building!
DC may not have a skyline per se, but it does have one thing & that's DENSITY. Ever seen DC from up in the air? Its pretty amazing.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
DC may not have a skyline per se, but it does have one thing & that's DENSITY. Ever seen DC from up in the air? Its pretty amazing.
DC doesn't need a skyline in my opinion. It looks beautiful the way it is. Now, I can see one being developed way off in the distance kind of like La Defense in Paris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City