Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times

Advertisements

Which state offers the best fishing oppertunities in its man made lakes?

I'll make the argument for my home state of Kentucky. We offer both excellent cold water fisheries in Lake Cumberland, Cave Run Lake, and Lake Herrington (state record Striped Bass and Muskelunge exceeding 50 lbs, trout exceeding 30 lbs) and your traditional warm water Southern Lakes (Kentucky & Barkley Lakes offers incredible Crappie, Bass, and Catfishing). There are also dozens of smaller lakes that have great bass, bluegill, and catfishing.

What thinkest thou?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

I'll make the argument for my home state of Kentucky. We offer both excellent cold water fisheries in Lake Cumberland, Cave Run Lake, and Lake Herrington (state record Striped Bass and Muskelunge exceeding 50 lbs, trout exceeding 30 lbs) and your traditional warm water Southern Lakes (Kentucky & Barkley Lakes offers incredible Crappie, Bass, and Catfishing). There are also dozens of smaller lakes that have great bass, bluegill, and catfishing.

What thinkest thou?
I agree with you, we have some awesome fishing here!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,088 times
easy! oklahoma has the most man made lakes and they have some awesome fishing.
lake eufaula is the states largest (man made) 15th largest in the u.s., and is in the top ranks for bass fishing.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:00 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,164,439 times
Quote:

What thinkest thou?
Great thread topic!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,389,410 times
Minnesota. 10,000 lakes, all good for fishing, at least in the winter. Missouri's got a lot of good lakes for fishing too...the Mississippi and Missouri as well as the rivers of the Ozarks, especially Table Rock Lake and Lake of the Ozarks, have a lot of fish to offer.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Minnesota. 10,000 lakes, all good for fishing, at least in the winter. Missouri's got a lot of good lakes for fishing too...the Mississippi and Missouri as well as the rivers of the Ozarks, especially Table Rock Lake and Lake of the Ozarks, have a lot of fish to offer.
In the winter??? People fish in the winter?? In Minnesota? How do they keep from freezing to death? for me fishing is a spring through fall event

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM

306 posts, read 475,668 times
Quote:

What thinkest thou?
Man made makes? I have a feeling we're not in Minnesota anymore.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Man made makes? I have a feeling we're not in Minnesota anymore.
Well you knoooow, up there in Braynurd they got this deal for Paul Bunyon and Babe the Blue Ox.....Babe the Blue Ox....hee hee hee. Yah well anywayz, That Paul and Babe they created all dem der lakes ya knoowww. Just walkin around and leavin them there footprints, you knoooww...Babe the Blue Ox. Yah soooo when yah think about it, dem lakes up here were man made in the sense that Paul Bunyon is a man, ya knooow.....end of story.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
I'll stick to Michigan. 11,000 lakes and the Great Lakes as well. With a surface area of almost 40,000 Square MILES of water, there are a ton of places to go. Not too many man-made lakes though. Some of the ones I know do have some great fishing in them.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Minnesota is so full of lakes that I would guess that that state has a lot of fantastic fishing. Probably the best in the US.

But, wasn't this thread about "man-made" lakes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City