Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe is the most hated group in America?
Politicians 23 23.00%
Bankers and Finance/Wall Street types 17 17.00%
Idiots who bought houses they couldn't afford 11 11.00%
African Americans 15 15.00%
Jews 2 2.00%
Muslims 9 9.00%
Mexicans/Hispanics 12 12.00%
Asian Indians 0 0%
Southern White Males 11 11.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:49 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Sorry, but I dislike intensley pedophiles, perverts and other idiots who prey on children!
They maybe GOD'S children, but, they should be locked up and the key tossed away so that our Children are protected...

This stuff here, will sooner or later clear itself up, but the sickos amoungst us will always have a bush to lurk behind it seems to prey on our kids.

I just believe every pervert should be locked up in jail, to protect the innocent...Thats all

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
agreed, I have no sympathy for people like that.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 AM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,800 times
I can't believe oil companies didn't make your poll. How could you not have included them?? We had to deal very much with high gas prices and the domino effect it had on companies. They are responsible for the shape the economy is in now, although it's not limited just to them.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:21 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
I can't believe oil companies didn't make your poll. How could you not have included them?? We had to deal very much with high gas prices and the domino effect it had on companies. They are responsible for the shape the economy is in now, although it's not limited just to them.
Oh yeah, that's another good group to hate,lol...I guess we've kinda forgotten about them since gas prices are on the regular side now but I totally blame them for most of this mess.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Oh yeah, that's another good group to hate,lol...I guess we've kinda forgotten about them since gas prices are on the regular side now but I totally blame them for most of this mess.
True. If gas wouldn't have gone up people may have been able to pay their mortgages.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
....oh and the poor seem to be hated a lot, often for no reason.
Well, you have to admit, they look kind of... shabby.

;-)

ABQConvict

Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
As far as the second set of sentences, are you sure you are talking about New Mexico?
I grew up in NY. Frankly, the Italian kids were even worse. "What? You're not Catholic?!?" <pound pound pound> <bleed bleed bleed>

ABQConvict

Old 04-11-2009, 12:44 PM

3,072 posts, read 8,023,882 times
I live in Louisiana
1) According to some people, the most racist redneck people on earth.

2) The poorest most uneducated people as well

3) Second largest energy producing state after Texas.

Absolutely the most despised place in America after Mississippi. Media people: to ignore is to despise.

So, what's not to LOVE?

Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM

93,338 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I grew up in NY. Frankly, the Italian kids were even worse. "What? You're not Catholic?!?" <pound pound pound> <bleed bleed bleed>

ABQConvict
Where in the City? I can see that too.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:02 PM

93,338 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Little quips like that, however, while insensitive, tend to be counterbalanced by the collective benefit Asians have of being considered the "model minority".
and in turn, groups all "Asians" together. There is varience between Japnese and say Vietnamese. One is known for being very good academically and the other actually has one of the highest percentages of poverty in the US. I think that is a part of the problem in that when you get that "model minority" tag, it doesn't take the concerns of Asians like the Vietnamese in terms of poverty seriously.

Also, Asians still have a higher percentage of poverty than Whites(10.2% versus 8.2% as of 2007) and while the family/household median income is higher, people don't take into account the extended family aspect of many Asian families. So, that means there are more people to work from within that Asian household, which boosts that income number.

Then, you have to take in account where Asians live. Most Asians live in cities like NYC, LA, San Fran., Honolulu, Chicago and Washington DC, among others. Do you see a common thread between those cities? They all have very high costs of living. Meaning, the income is going to be higher for those locations. So, that is another factor as to why the income level is higher for Asians.

Lastly, African immigrants actually have the highest percentage of people with college degrees. This is the case in countries like England and Canada too. So, not only does that kill myths about said group of people, but also says something about coming to a place by choice.

Here's some information to go over:Ameredia: Asian American Statistics

US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/income_wealth/010583.html - broken link)

Black immigrants: an invisible model minority

Black Immigrant Model Minorities « Far Outliers

Asian American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

African immigrants to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Where in the City? I can see that too.
I'm guessing Little Italy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City