Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 07:52 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Like Los Angeles vs Bangor, Maine, or R.I. vs Utah something like that. Apart from if you have to choose between those two, are rather silly, in my honest opinion. But I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion. I just think sometimes it seems like we're comparing things for the sake of it, haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 08:28 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,606,364 times
The next wave: We'll be comparing pointless threads to other pointless threads.

Example: Which battle thread has the most elitist comments? Chicago vs Boston, or South vs North??? Or, maybe: Which thread includes more ignorant comments, Rural vs Urban, or Urban vs Suburbs?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
Which group is most annoying:
a) The Chicago "we are not inferior to New York" brigade
b) The Atlanta "we are the Paris of the South" booster club
c) The Miami "no one speaks English here and you have to search with a magnifying glass and treasure map to find anyone who's not 'Hispanic'" club of pessimism and misery, OR
d) The New York "this is the greatest city in the world and I shouldn't even waste my breath to debate anyone who has an opinion otherwise" group

Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
c) The Miami "no one speaks English here and you have to search with a magnifying glass and treasure map to find anyone who's not 'Hispanic'" club of pessimism and misery, OR
d) The New York "this is the greatest city in the world and I shouldn't even waste my breath to debate anyone who has an opinion otherwise" group

e) The creator and advertiser non-existent groups

Those groups may exist, but only in your mind.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
e) The creator and advertiser non-existent groups

Those groups may exist, but only in your mind.
Actually Deacon, group D from crisps list is alive and well in CD, just check that North vs South thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM

970 posts, read 2,951,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like Los Angeles vs Bangor, Maine, or R.I. vs Utah something like that. Apart from if you have to choose between those two, are rather silly, in my honest opinion. But I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion. I just think sometimes it seems like we're comparing things for the sake of it, haha.

...and you're one of the biggest offenders ha. ha.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:29 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
So, would my NYC Vs. Kabul, Afghanistan be one of these threads? =)

Old 04-13-2009, 02:34 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,777 times
There is one person specifically making a lot of these threads who shall remain nameless ha
But a couple posters seem to do it and I can't figure out their intentions to do it,oh well.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:34 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,492,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post

that was awesome. +1 rep point for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City