Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Dry heat 133 73.48%
Humid Heat 48 26.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:46 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,881 times

Advertisements

cool thread, I was just talking to a co-working who just got back from Las Vegas. I was like 'Holy moly, wasn't it hot?" and she said that it felt just as hot as when it gets to be like 90 here in Minnesota, but each day she was there it was over 105
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 03:03 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I like some humidity, preferably dewpoints in the 60's with temps in the 70's or 80's. I think Hawaii has the perfect amount of humidity and San Diego/SoCal coast during summer is pretty damn good as well with dewpoints in the 60's. Yesterday we had thunderstorms in the East County and it actually rained a little at the coast, which is rare during summer and it reminded me of Hawaii b/c it was a warm rain, which isn't common in CA. It was 80 today at the beach with slight humidity, low 60's dewpoints, which is PERFECT to me. Dry Heat is overrated imo.

Plus humidity helps make for warm summer nights, right now it's around 70 and perfect. That's one thing I dislike about summer in the Bay Area, unless it's 95+ during the day the nights are too cool/cold imo.
Dew points exceeded 70 yesterday in several coastal and desert towns; that's about as bad as it gets in Southern California.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:28 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,473,508 times
Humid heat is by far the worst heat to be in!!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 01:35 AM

1,179 posts, read 2,062,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
Dry heattt. Humid heat suck. That's why I could never live in Houston.
Believe me I didn't move here for the environment. This is where I got a job after college. I was like most people; following the money trail. Most people don't live where they would really like to live they live where their job is. It's a nice, cool 72 degrees in my house.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
I don't know how anyone could prefer humid heat to dry heat.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
I think it depends on the individual. I tend to sweat easily and have slightly moist skin so I would prefer it to be on the drier side.

Georgia is wedged between two oceans so of course it's going to be humid. However, there are benefits as well. All that humidity makes the area very lush and green with a great abundance of trees. It's also cool to be able to easily vacation or weekend on either the Atlantic or the beautiful beaches of the Gulf.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM

198 posts, read 653,776 times
It depends, if you live in TX or LA the humidity is awful.
But if you live in FL where the humidity matches the scenary it's acceptable. lol
I dont know really, dry heat is more my thing, but I actually like humidity also... sometimes.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:46 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
I don't know how anyone could prefer humid heat to dry heat.
Me either.

If you prefer Swass and other parts of your body sweating while just standing there, then sure humidity is awesome

Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,062,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrsc View Post
It depends, if you live in TX or LA the humidity is awful.
But if you live in FL where the humidity matches the scenary it's acceptable. lol
I dont know really, dry heat is more my thing, but I actually like humidity also... sometimes.
The humidity in FL is worse than the humidity in most of TX or LA. If you don't like the humidity in TX or LA then you definitely won't like it in FL either.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM

389 posts, read 776,737 times
I HATE HUMIDITY!

I lived in Savannah Georgia for 2 years when I was 19-21. I liked a lot of it, except for the humidity. Oh Lord, it's like you've gotta wole blanket around you all day. You sweat like f*cking crazy. I 'member sweatin' like a pig out workin' in the fields in Georgia (worked on a plantation out there.) I'm from the Rocky Mountains, so that's probably why I hate humidity so much, but seriously. It's wet & thick, & it makes it hard as hell to stay cool.

Wyoming is dry as a bone. If you're out in the fields all day here, you still sweat. But let me tell ya, it feels damn good to be able to stand underneath a tree. It's like you just stepped in an icebox. In humid places, standin' under a tree don't get ya away from the sweltering wet heat. & when you take a deep breath in dry heat, you don't taste the air. In humidity, it tastes like someone's sweating in your mouth. (GAG.) When you're in dry heat, all ya gotta do is pour a little cold water over your head & you're officially refreshed. In humidity, you pour water over your head & it just feels like more sweat is runnin' down your face.

Georgia is greener & more lush, (as someone else said earlier,) but that heat they've got down there is freakin' miserable. Holey ****!

Jessie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City