Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago vs. Philadelphia
Chicago 568 65.21%
Philadelphia 303 34.79%
Voters: 871. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
I use to wear a bullet vest when walking to work at night after having two guns pointed at me during a robbery. You just never know when it will come in useful.
i hear ya
mite as well carry a gun with that kinda bs goin on
i always heard that talk bout hood snipers in high rises, but i thot they using regular weapons, but they actual snipers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Of course they do...they don't **** around. You think we were just blowing smoke up your ass by telling you to not go to these hoods?
after i been to south bronx, newark and camden i jus dont care anymore lol

Old 04-29-2013, 08:26 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
^^^ I think visually places like N Philly or a Camden are about as bad as it gets in the US. The S Side of Chicago probably has some areas just as bad - both cities have more than fair share of bad areas.

Chicago on the whole feels cleaner to me

Old 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
ghetto hoes is my friends tho

There's nothing positive about ghetto culture, unless you're into thingsc like poverty, ignorance, butchering the English language, out-of-wedlock births, dope or senseless violence.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM

287 posts, read 341,090 times
Philadelphia has better food, a more vibrant downtown, better transit, more bikeability, superior arts scene, more history, higher quality museums, better festivals, and less crime.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,530,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeo08 View Post
Philadelphia has better food, a more vibrant downtown, better transit, more bikeability, superior arts scene, more history, higher quality museums, better festivals, and less crime.

Shut up and stop being a homer. Philly is a bigger Baltimore not a smaller NYC. Chicago is called the second city for reason. Public transit is better in Chicago than Philly and so is everything else. The only thing Philly has over Chicago is location and weather.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
Shut up and stop being a homer. Philly is a bigger Baltimore not a smaller NYC. Chicago is called the second city for reason. Public transit is better in Chicago than Philly and so is everything else. The only thing Philly has over Chicago is location and weather.
Chicago is called the second city because of the Chicago Fire! The term doesn't have any relationship to New York. Philly can give Chicago a run for its money. I'm not saying Philly is better but it's arguably pound for pound just as urban as Chicago.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,530,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Chicago is called the second city because of the Chicago Fire! The term doesn't have any relationship to New York. Philly can give Chicago a run for its money. I'm not saying Philly is better but it's arguably pound for pound just as urban as Chicago.
I know that but the same way the mason dixon line was originally intended to divide MD and PA and DE, it turned in to a north vs south thing. The "second city" term for Chicago really does mean #2 these days but don't tell folks in LA and Philly that though, you won't like them when they're angry lol.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM

432 posts, read 610,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
You say that as if being a smaller NYC is a compliment and a bigger Baltimore is an insult. Lets get things straight now. All of the cities in the northeast are similar to Philly as it was the model city back in the day. Basically if you mix parts of Boston, NYC, Baltimore and DC together you'd get Philly. People like you are the reason Philly is underrated. I bet you you think Philly was NYC or any other Northeast city if we blindfolded you and dropped you off in the middle of Philly.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times
Chicago by quite a healthy margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City