Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Metro area would you prefer to live in?
Atlanta Metro 25 26.88%
Houston Metro 22 23.66%
Seattle Metro 46 49.46%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:28 PM

492 posts, read 1,150,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
If Houston or Atlanta had downtowns close to Seattle's...

....or scenes like these

..then maybe I could choose Atlanta or Houston.
IMHO, Those people playing volleyball are in dire need of a suntan.
By the way how many weeks does summer lasts in Seattle?? In other words how often can one go to the beach and get suntanned. water-skiing, sailing, and jet skiing are very popular water-sports here in Houston's 5 lakes as well as in nearby Galveston. I wonder how popular they are in Seattle?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Which of these metro areas would you prefer to live in as far as quality of life, attractions, landscape, shopping, lifestyle, culture,etc

Mod or someone put a poll if you can!
I prefer Seattle's climate and topography.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Atlanta
Houston
Seattle

In that order

Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
True, thanks to the mountains and water. But IME downtown Seattle can feel eerily like downtown and midtown Atlanta in places. Just an opinion, of course, but my husband agrees...he's a Seattle native, and I'm from Atlanta.
The bottom line to me is that all three of these cities have a lot to offer. Will be in Seattle next week to see friends and relatives...can't wait. I'm a total foodie, and Seattle definitely has one thing that the other two cities don't...fresh Pacific salmon. Yum.
BTW, Rachael, welcome back from your wedding and honeymoon...hope it was everything you dreamed it would be! Isn't Greece fabulous?
I've seen Houston from pictures and on tv, but I've been to Atlanta numerous times. Haven't been to Seattle, but have been to WA state. At least from pictures, the thing that does it for me are the mountains in the background.

Yes, it was amazing there. I posted a few pictures on my profile if you'd like to see.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
In your opinion

I would choose Houston or Atlanta. Just more to do overall in those cities and better job market

Do you really find it necessary to roll your eyes at someone's opinion?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
Quote:
Your right ,but Atlanta is a very beautiful city too. I wish Seattle could attract more blacks because that is a big reason why I couldn't live there.
That's cool but I'm black too and thought it would be a nice change. Do you only socialize with blacks? I moved here from D.C. Been in D.C. for over 20 years and a couple of other cities including Newark, Los Angeles. Not as many blacks as D.C. but we are here. We have a thriving black community. Take a trip out. You will be quite surprised.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:09 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
That's cool but I'm black too and thought it would be a nice change. Do you only socialize with blacks? I moved here from D.C. Been in D.C. for over 20 years and a couple of other cities including Newark, Los Angeles. Not as many blacks as D.C. but we are here. We have a thriving black community. Take a trip out. You will be quite surprised.

I talk to anybody, I grew up in a predominately white neighborhood so don't get it twisted or nothing lol. However, as far as getting the black culture and getting haircuts, food, clubs,etc that was my point.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
If Houston or Atlanta had downtowns close to Seattle's...

....or scenes like these

..then maybe I could choose Atlanta or Houston.
Those are REALLY nice pics of Seattle. Especially the beach where they're playing volleyball, and I like those appartments behind them. Seattle looks like a fun city. People usually stereotype Seattle as a dark gloomy place, because of Grunge Music and all the rainy days there, but there are actually nice days, as displayed by these photos. People on the beach. Looks fun, I would love to go one day.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:43 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
Quote:
I talk to anybody, I grew up in a predominately white neighborhood so don't get it twisted or nothing lol. However, as far as getting the black culture and getting haircuts, food, clubs,etc that was my point.
It's all here. Plenty of black barbershops, salons, restaurants, coffee houses, festivals, churches etc. We even have our own Northwest African American Museum. NAAM: Northwest African American Museum

Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 PM

950 posts, read 3,192,065 times
1) Atlanta
2) Houston
3) Seattle

Seattle is a very nice city, but I wouldn't personally want to live there. I had enough with freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City