Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has produced better hip-hop/rap? Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc) or Houston?
Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc.) 67 63.81%
Houston 38 36.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM

725 posts, read 1,510,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Funny thing is that the trend with a lot of Bay Area and Sacramento artists really do what they rap about. A lot of the artists are still selling drugs and catching cases. I can list so many rappers from out there that are it is ridiculous.
IDK to me that's worse...! I guess music really does suit the listener. Cause I don't gangbang... I'm a scholar... so I like a nice upbeat song with a good beat something to party to.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
No I don't. I heard his name before and I have heard him on a feature... But... I just looked him up online and I remember hearing "smile" with Tupac and "Look me in my eyes"... other than that no. But all that stuff is a while ago. I don't what he's done recently.

That's not to say I don't think he's good just haven't heard much from him round here...
Here are a couple of my personal favorites by face....

YouTube - Scarface - On My Block

YouTube - Scarface - G Code

Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
No I don't. I heard his name before and I have heard him on a feature... But... I just looked him up online and I remember hearing "smile" with Tupac and "Look me in my eyes"... other than that no. But all that stuff is a while ago. I don't what he's done recently.

That's not to say I don't think he's good just haven't heard much from him round here...
He's not really mainstream, but you might remember this song. It being his must current song he released mainstream.

YouTube - Scarface - Emeritus - High Powered

Also this song was pretty popular:

YouTube - Scarface - On My Block

Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,331 times
Quote:
IDK to me that's worse...! I guess music really does suit the listener. Cause I don't gangbang... I'm a scholar... so I like a nice upbeat song with a good beat something to party to.
Yeah, a lot of them are actually putting out slappers that are great to party and dance too. Life is a struggle, so I like music about the struggle, but I don't do any of that bull**** that is gonna cost me my freedom. Now when I was a juvenile, that was different story lol.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
How's the female rap scene in the Bay Area?? It seems we never talk about female rappers in these type of forums.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,466 times
aaaaawwwwww I miss that song on my block! haven't heard it in years

Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Dude can spit... no doubt about it...

Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of them are actually putting out slappers that are great to party and dance too. Life is a struggle, so I like music about the struggle, but I don't do any of that bull**** that is gonna cost me my freedom. Now when I was a juvenile, that was different story lol.
well I'm glad you back on track homie

Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Quote:
Just curious as to which rappers you are referring too? Most underground artists from the bay happen to be black. But there are also some hispanic, white, and asian rappers as well. Although nowhere near the amount of black artists in the bay.
To be honest i really dont know their name cuz im not too familiar with them but ive noticed a few. But its not really important as long as they can spit.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,974 times
Quote:
type king of the south on goggle and see what pops up... TI! not Scarface

U aignt gotta be a fan of T.I. to know that as far as hip-hop he one of the top dawgs commin out the south.

It's between Lil Wayne and TI... really, and Wayne already said that TI the "King of the South". Who's Scarface...

Basically your claim is disputed and dismissed.
i read t.i and lil wayne and automatically dismissed your retarded ass post as horse sht. lol never type to me again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City