Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What cities celebrate Halloween the best?
Boston,MA 8 8.60%
New York City,NY 16 17.20%
Orlando,FL 9 9.68%
Chicago,IL 8 8.60%
San Francisco,CA 11 11.83%
Seattle,WA 1 1.08%
Houston,TX 1 1.08%
Washington DC 4 4.30%
Detroit,MI 5 5.38%
other 30 32.26%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
The idea is to go somewhere on Halloween that has a creepy/mysterious history to it. It makes it a lot more interesting and gives it a better feel to the whole experience. Why else do people visit haunted places on Halloween? It's more real than Disney.
Everyplace USA has haunted houses...none of which are really haunted. It's a made-up holiday with made-up creepiness.

Nothing is more entertaining than Disney...it's the most visited entertainment attraction EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,306 times
Hello ever heard of LA? Which has the biggest in socal, and West Hollywood throws the best Holloween celebrations parade and all.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Everyplace USA has haunted houses...none of which are really haunted. It's a made-up holiday with made-up creepiness.

Nothing is more entertaining than Disney...it's the most visited entertainment attraction EVER!

Duh, every place in the country has haunted houses, and yes, many of them probably are haunted. That's a lot more exciting/interesting to most people than decorations set up in Disney that's geared towards kids.

This Halloween I plan on touring the notoriously haunted Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Far more exciting/interesting than Disney, lol.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Duh, every place in the country has haunted houses, and yes, many of them probably are haunted. That's a lot more exciting/interesting to most people than decorations set up in Disney that's geared towards kids.

This Halloween I plan on touring the notoriously haunted Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Far more exciting/interesting than Disney, lol.
Are you going to the haunted house in NYC. Which is suppose to be one of the scariest artificial haunted houses(like in amusement parks) in the country.

Nightmare: Vampires :: America's #1 Haunted House

Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,306 times
Default West Hollywood: WeHo Holloween celebration!!!

Still can't belive you didn't include LA, come on San Francisco...Chicago, but not LA.....?

YouTube - Halloween West Hollywood Halloween 2008

Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Are you going to the haunted house in NYC. Which is suppose to be one of the scariest artificial haunted houses(like in amusement parks) in the country.

Nightmare: Vampires :: America's #1 Haunted House

I was going to last year, but never wound up doing that. I've been really wanting to go to Eastern State in Philly for a while now, and what better time to visit than during Halloween season?

I'd also love to go to Salem during Halloween one day.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Have any of you ever WORKED in a created haunted place?????? I have. We made coffins, spider webs, people coming out of coffins, etc., etc. When you turned on the lights, you could see it was all created. That is why someplace that has a real HISTORY of murder, horror, etc., is more real.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
As much as I can't stand Madison,WI it has to be one of the best places to party for Halloween if you are a college age student or high school kid but if you're looking for class don't go there.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Have any of you ever WORKED in a created haunted place?????? I have. We made coffins, spider webs, people coming out of coffins, etc., etc. When you turned on the lights, you could see it was all created. That is why someplace that has a real HISTORY of murder, horror, etc., is more real.
I think we're all aware that Haunted Houses are fake. Disney is a great place because of how festive and creative it is when it comes to celebrating Halloween. No one is going there in search of real ghost or to capture demons. It's all in fun.

If I want to be really scared; I can drive down to Galveston, TX.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/t...hauntedcities/

Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Seems like New Orleans would be a fun place for Halloween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City