Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM

607 posts, read 2,981,410 times

Advertisements

okay,so, who do you think sucks at driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 AM

404 posts, read 711,648 times
I wrote a report on driving issues for FOX in CHicago. It wasn't for pay, more for my own entertainment. I found out the New Jersey drivers hit more people while they walk on the sidewalk than all the others. Unfortunately, the study also said that drunk drivers hit and kill fewer people than drivers not under the influence. The reason is that there are just more sober drivers on the road than drunk drivers.

In 2004 I was driving in Colorado on a camping trip. I made the mistake of driving at night and while cruising through Vail at the posted speed limit this mule deer jumped up onto I-70 and started crossing. I saw it and slammed on the brakes. I skidded about 300 yards in slow motion of course and clipped the back half of the deer. I bet I woke up the entire town. Anyways, I got off at the next exit and found a campground. It wasn't long before someone else pulled in and threw up.

In 2002 I was driving from Glenwood Springs in Colorado to Denver and ended up going down the mountain in a sheet of rain. I was the slow guy on the road barely going thirty as I was blinded by the rain. Everyone else was zooming at the normal rate. I made it out alive!

Have a great day!

William

Old 09-28-2009, 04:07 PM

102 posts, read 307,583 times
The worst? Maryland drivers, hands down. NY drivers may be aggressive but they are competent. Maryland drivers are aggressive and incompetent. I drove a lot in the NY metro area for 10 years and was never scared of driving. I moved to Maryland 3 months ago and I'm scared of driving.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM

504 posts, read 1,579,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Kim View Post
The worst? Maryland drivers, hands down. NY drivers may be aggressive but they are competent. Maryland drivers are aggressive and incompetent. I drove a lot in the NY metro area for 10 years and was never scared of driving. I moved to Maryland 3 months ago and I'm scared of driving.
Maryland drivers are bad but not as bad as Virginia drivers from the Hampton Roads area. Sometimes I feel like they put the driver licenses in the cereal box for people to have. My pet peeve is the driver who do not use his/her turn signals.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 PM

141 posts, read 480,165 times
I been in Ohio to long when i go back to Philly to vist family i be scared to drive. They might as well have no stop signs, or traffic lights.they drive crazy out in Philly

Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 6,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
LOL, true dat.

Ohio is a major source of hicks, but driving in Pennsylvania and West Virginia isn't so bad. Ohio has attitude that is obnoxious; driving in slower states such as Missouri or Wisconsin isn't nearly as irritating as Ohio.

There are rural drivers in Illinois and Michigan that are slow, but I otherwise love driving in midstate (Peoria/Springfield/Bloomington/Champaign/Decatur; Lansing/Grand Rapids/Ann Arbor/Kalamazoo/Muskegon) and metro (Chicago and Detroit). The larger metros have their larger share of aggressive drivers.

I go to Ohio a few times every year, and I never really had a bad driving experience there. Then again, I'm comparing it to the Baltimore-DC metro traffic I usually drive in.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,865,243 times
I live in Indiana in the Bloomington area and the drivers here are HORRIBLE. I have only been here three weeks and have seen at least one person a day drive through a red light, have been tailgated (very aggressively) every day I drive home, and have seen drivers who drive like it is the Indy 500 on a daily basis. I think if I were to find a job in Indiana or at least in this part of Indiana, I would want to live very close to work.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I still think that Florida has BY and FAR the worst drivers, due to the incredible mix of old people, a mixture of northern transplants, recent immigrants, and the slow paced natives. Sounds like a brew from hell on the roads .
I totally agree! But, I'd add that the worst of the worst are in Miami where you get the maximum amount of mix as described above. It's best to just stay off the roads. But, then again, it's not so safe walking across the street either.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM

55 posts, read 210,874 times
You all should thank God you don't live near New Jersey. Worst (<-capital W) drivers on the planet. Reckless, tailgaiting, stupid maneuvers, parking like idiots, no turn signals...UGGH! At least they have a license plate on the front so you can see them coming and run for cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 215GUY View Post
I been in Ohio to long when i go back to Philly to vist family i be scared to drive. They might as well have no stop signs, or traffic lights.they drive crazy out in Philly
Agreed. Philly driving is not for the feint of heart - very fast paced and cut throat. Throw a couple of idotic NJ drivers into the mix and you have borderline chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post
I wrote a report on driving issues for FOX in CHicago. It wasn't for pay, more for my own entertainment. I found out the New Jersey drivers hit more people while they walk on the sidewalk than all the others.
ahahahhhah

Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
I know this thread is old, but I'm bumping it.

Michigan has HORRIBLE DRIVERS..(I'm from Michigan) exception of Detroit.
Kalamazoo- HORRIBLE DRIVERS some drive slow some drive fast..the slow ones always get in the way, a lot of people around here don't like to signal and they like like to turn right in front of you driving VERY slow.
I know Chicago(area) isn't a state but it has the best drivers to me they all drive 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, but they drive well doing it.
Georgia- Good drivers
Ohio- Reminds me of Michigan drivers
Indiana- Chicago (area) ...the rest are okay..
NYC(area)- RUDE DRIVERS and fast

That's all I'm listing for now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City