Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has overall better climate?
NEW YORK CITY 146 48.03%
MIAMI 158 51.97%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Ironically, New York has recorded more days above 100 than Miami. In-fact the last time Miami hit 100 was in 1942. It looks like New York reaches 100 once every 10 years or so.

Winter in Miami is just about perfect. Winter in New York is uncomfortable; today there is a blizzard so bad that the Eagles vs Viking game was canceled. Summer in Miami is extremely humid and uncomfortable. Summer in NYC is also a bit uncomfortable but not as much as Miami.

But I still think that Miami has better overall weather than New York.
We got lucky this time in Baltimore. We barely got anything from the storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:25 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,450,597 times
For me it's tough but I'm going with my city. I like to layer in the winters and I like the warm/not so warm spring and fall. I HATE THE WINTER though. I'll take another city for that!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
For me it's tough but I'm going with my city. I like to layer in the winters and I like the warm/not so warm spring and fall. I HATE THE WINTER though. I'll take another city for that!
I've never been to crazy about winter either. i think September is the best month of the year weather-wise on the eastcoast. it's not too hot, not too cold, not humid... just perfect.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,450,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
I've never been to crazy about winter either. i think September is the best month of the year weather-wise on the eastcoast. it's not too hot, not too cold, not humid... just perfect.
I agree!! And May as well.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:54 AM

13 posts, read 29,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Actually, I've done quite a lot of traveling. I haven't been to London, but I have been to Paris [ not in the winter though]. I went there a few summers in August and it was the hottest, sunniest summer I have ever experienced short of Marrakech from where I just came back in October. In fact, Paris was unbearably hot and sunny. There was not a cloud in the sky or a drop of rain in the two weeks that I was there. Nothing but unbearably hot blaring sun. If that summer was representative of Paris summers, then their summer is sunnier than the typical NYC summer. It's hotter too, but not as humid. In fact, it wasn't humid at all, just very hot.

I've been to Miami and NYC. The typical NYC weather pattern is that when it percipitates, it rains on and off, usually all day, sometimes into the next day and at times it could go into the third day. I'm not saying 24 straight hours, but on and off drizzling. In Miami, you often get a brief thunderstorm followed by the sun that dries everything out after the storm. While I am not saying that there is no sun in NYC, most days in NYC are marred by at least partial cloud cover.

I'm writing to you from NYC at this moment. Right now its night time, but, today, during the day, there was no sun at all, just very low cloud covering. It was very gloomy all day. Yesterday was cloudy too. By the way, did you see the New Year's Celebration at Times Square from NYC? It was raining that day all day. Actually, it started out as snow and ended up as rain. A few days before Christmas, there was also a snow storm. NYC got 14 inches of snow and there was no sun all day.

You seem to think that every depends on a comparison. So I ask, because NYC is not as cloudy as London, or Portland Oregan does it mean that it is not cloudy? Because Miami summers are not as hot and steamy as Equitorial New Guinea summers, does that mean that Miami summers are not hot and steamy in the summer?
Hy everybody

Rayanera has been in Tokyo in summer and confuse with Paris has cause of the Eiffel Tower

I live in Paris i am French and Paris has very cool and it rarely makes a temperature above 80°F its wind and weather always cloudy in Paris. Paris has the same climate of Great britain.

The temperature is between 15°C and 25°C with rains and i wear a jacket in the summer !!! New York have very hot summer Paris summer are cool and cold by moment. Paris have a cool oceanic climate New York have a humid subtropical climate and the humid subtropical climate have the worst heat has my knowledge in the summer !!!

New York is much more hotter than Paris , Paris is not hot and rarely get heat wave and the heat wave in Paris are rare and short and not very humid !!!

New York have a terrible heat in summer !

Seattle can be hotter, drier and less rainy than Paris , Seattle have a better climate than Paris and more sun !

If people leave Paris in summer they for go to a hot and sunny destination. The paris climate is bad and very cool in summer!

Last edited by direct drive; 04-21-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Miami. Gosh, I loathe cold/cool weather. NYC from mid-autumn through mid-spring is too cold for me. Miami's weather is nice, and still a few cool days each year. Plus, beautiful beaches. NY beaches have cold and brown waters. Miami anyday.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:51 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,455,466 times
NYC easily, but even it is too hot and humid in summer and too mild in winter to me.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:04 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,579 times
NYC winter is enough for me to choose Miami.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:49 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
I'm a New Yorker with tons of family in south Florida. I like the Florida weather much more. I hate winter. But weather is the only thing Miami has
Going for it against NYC. Everything else was blahhh.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:29 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
Miami. NY/NJ winters last way too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City