Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Pound for pound, the midwest is less liberal and slower paced than the east coast. What you may think is fast paced is really fast paced based upon your midweart lifstyle. I don't want to get into specifics because I can. We can talk about employment, accents, conservatisms, etc...But if you want to make obvious idiotic statements about some hick town in Vermont being faster than Cleveland, I can do the same! Toledo is slower paced than Philly. Take that with ya.

BTW Dude, your midwest accent is a dead give away on the east coast. You don't sound like the east coast. You don't act like the east coast. Stop it!
Ya think?

my point is that big cities in general are more fast paced than small towns. but whatever its useless fighting over whos faster than who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,156,819 times
had to create an account,

thanks for your wasted time and energy. I will cherish this award.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
had to create an account,

thanks for your wasted time and energy. I will cherish this award.
What are you going to do with the huge cash prize that went with the award?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,527,366 times
I love the fast hectic pace of an East Coast city. But give me the Midwestern specifically Chicago attitude anyday of the week. Well at least over DC. I heard the attitude in Baltimore is pretty down to Earth.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:57 PM

11 posts, read 14,833 times
North Side Chicago Rust Belt attitude would involve either large, pasty farm folk from Iowa stuffing themselves at Pizzeria Uno.

South Side Chicago Rust Belt attitude would involve gangstas and baby daddies beating each other to death over Air Jordans.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM

96 posts, read 192,860 times
i just wanted to say a few things i can back up any person on here on this particular thread who agrees there is much more agression and attitude on the east coast from even down south i have been to wisconsin and chicago and in a matter of a year or to i am getting ready to move to chicago and i live in virginia now and i have had it with the east coast i was in chicago let alone the whole wisconsin thing last spring with my dad and even from years earlier being in wisconsin i noticed the attitude change was like something i had never seen and i mean almost as if it was sci fi or something the east coast is nothing but aggression. when i was in chicago i felt like i was in a siber space of relaxation if not better. the midwest is much more cleaner in many ways to not just one city but many and even different county areas. so yes i do think there is a much different change in attitude it is like crossing culters. I am not trying to take sides i just do not like the east coast at all and new york is like one big worm whole of anger. I am just going on what i have seen and i agree with any person who knows there is much more attitude on the east coast in anyone who does not agree fine what ever that is what threads are all about.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,912,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud17 View Post
i just wanted to say a few things i can back up any person on here on this particular thread who agrees there is much more agression and attitude on the east coast from even down south i have been to wisconsin and chicago and in a matter of a year or to i am getting ready to move to chicago and i live in virginia now and i have had it with the east coast i was in chicago let alone the whole wisconsin thing last spring with my dad and even from years earlier being in wisconsin i noticed the attitude change was like something i had never seen and i mean almost as if it was sci fi or something the east coast is nothing but aggression. when i was in chicago i felt like i was in a siber space of relaxation if not better. the midwest is much more cleaner in many ways to not just one city but many and even different county areas. so yes i do think there is a much different change in attitude it is like crossing culters. I am not trying to take sides i just do not like the east coast at all and new york is like one big worm whole of anger. I am just going on what i have seen and i agree with any person who knows there is much more attitude on the east coast in anyone who does not agree fine what ever that is what threads are all about.
Periods, semi-colons, paragraphs...use them!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM

96 posts, read 192,860 times
dont need to use all of that to get a point across look at other threads that should be a prime example.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:37 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
All I know is that my mom who lives in Chicago always says "hold on I'm pullin a Boston" (she went to bu) when she pulls out and cuts some one off in heavy traffic.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:55 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Using your own logic though, the unemployment numbers for some of those states don't tell the true story. Michigan has the highest unemployment, true; also true is that we are also one of the biggest ag states in the Country, and MOST of Michigan has little or nothing to do with the auto industry. I have been sitting here thinking about it, and frankly I don't know a single person who wants to work that isn't. You are talking in circles here as well. You imply that MI and IL have high unemployment due to a lower agricultural output/ higher industrial base than other Midwest states, but then say the East is better off because it is more industrialized.

Plus the simple fact that this thread is about ATTITUDES and NOT economics. Who gives a rats ass what region is doing better economically when it comes to discussing the attitudes in those regions? I think you have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt what people have been saying. The East coast is more money driven and obsessed than the Midwest. Also how people believe others think of them, plays a big factor. Easy Coasters for the most part wants to look good to others instead of being good to others. Midwest, they still want to be a good person, sometimes at the expense of looking good.
totally agree. southeast MI is auto-industry not all of MI. But most of the people in MI live in southeast so they continue to put out these ridiculous stats smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City