Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times

Advertisements

I think that Seattle is the most beautiful of the three cities but my last choice because it is covered in clouds too much [that you can't see the beauty of forest\ mountian & Sound.

Miami is truly exciting for a latino & am happy I have been there a few times [ie. relatives in PR]. It reminds me of LA in many ways including language & palm trees.

San Diego is my first choice because I have relatives in Rancho Penasquito where we swim non-stop! San Diego has a great climate & has lots of fun events [ie. over the line tournament] plus the Chargers & Padres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 06:06 PM

260 posts, read 757,805 times
Every single person who commented on Seattle said that the weather was generally terrible, except for one person, but its grossly overdone. Seattle weather, is for the most part, very nice. It's true, there is a lot of rain, however, if that didn't happen, there would massive amounts of bugs and Western Washington wouldn't have N. America's only temperate rain forest.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,188,171 times
Miami has a lot of variety when it comes to clubs, restaurants, culture, sports, transportation etc. There are a lot of options to choose from. Yes it may get humid in the summer but there is usually a nice breeze coming off of the ocean as well. Yes there is crime but what large city doesn't have crime? Yes there are bad neighborhoods but what large city doesn't have bad neighborhoods? There are so many other people that live in Miami who aren't even hispanic and don't speak spanish, I hate when people automatically assume Miami's only residents are cuban or hispanic at that, and even if you don't like Miami, there are plenty other good areas in South Florida to choose from.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
I like four seasons, and I would definately miss this in Miami and San Diego.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 938 times
Seattle...is an amazing city, beautiful scenery and views everywhere you look because of the water on all sides (lakes and the puget sound) and steep hills everywhere. However, the weather has its pros and cons, for sure. The late spring-late summertime of Seattle is probably the best anywhere in the country. Nearly every day is beautiful, warm and not humid or overbearing at all. Also, since everyone is shocked by the sunlight, the entire city is outdoors until at least 9-10pm each night. Winters, though, while not very cold (only snows once or twice a year), can be very depressing. In the months of October-April, I rarely if ever see the sun. Truly! I can be all day at work and by 4:00pm, whatever dim sunlight might have peeked out between the slowly drizzling rain is gone. So, it's pitch black when you arrive at work and pitch black long before you leave. It feels unnatural, honestly, and I have spent my whole life here! It can grain on your psyche. Nearly everyone I know of has dealt with some form of seasonal or other type of depression. Also, in general, you'll notice that people just aren't as happy or friendly towards the latter months of winter. The gray (GRAY!!!) grates on you...and everyone else, too.

However, if you can get past the weather issue, you will surely fall in love with this city. It's a "small" city and yet robust in all the areas that matter for good city living: fantastic job market, arts, cultures, food, parks, etc. It is very expensive, though. If you ever hope to own a house within the city limits, they start at around $400K for the oldest crappiest smallest thing you've ever seen (and that's in a down market).

Sorry, I've never lived in San Diego or Miami although I have visited both a number of times and enjoy them both. Don't listen to the backwards "anti-Spanish language" nutjobs on this board. Miami is what it is today, because of its vibrant Cuban and other latin cultures. You will need to (want to!) learn Spanish there and not need to in San Diego or Seattle.

Oh and what the others have said is true---the ocean water here in Seattle is FREEZING! haha

Good luck with your move.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times
San Deigo
Seattle
Miami

^ As far as living

Seattle
Miami
San Deigo

^^ As far as visiting generally

Miami
San Deigo
Seattle

^^^ As far as spring break/summer goes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City