Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times

Advertisements

1.Personal Preference-New york as a new yorker
2.Architecture- London has great classic venues in this area. But new york has a mix of old and modern that cant be matched. New york
3.Diversity-tie
4.Culture- Nyc as an major contributor to american pop culture wins this. MTV,Hip Hop. Youths over there look up to new york in this department more than vice versa
5.Skyline-New york by a lanslide and an avalanche
6.Scenery-New york. Great streetscapes amongst skyscrapers,great parks,great architecture,Central park.
7.The People- I would say new yorkers by far(despite what u think about them) are a more unique and interesting bunch. Theres certain qualities to a new yorker. I dont know about london
8.Nightlife- New york has all the music in the US covered and than some. American music dominates the musical landscape across the world. NYC is a huge melting pot of that, it cant be beat. You got hip hop,randb,rock etc. African american culture in new york alone sets it apart in my opinion

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
London in all areas. It is the mother country.

God save the queen.
I dont blame you for going with the hometeam

Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Talking History

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Thanks for adding history. Can't believe I left that out lol.
Just trying to save you CT.

After all those who forget their history, are doomed to repeat it over again.

And over again & over again & over again and over again and over again and over again & over again & over again and over again and over again and over again & over again & over again and over again and over again and over again & over again & over again and over again and over again and over again..............................until 2012, LOL.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:14 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
1.Personal Preference-New york as a new yorker
2.Architecture- London has great classic venues in this area. But new york has a mix of old and modern that cant be matched. New york
3.Diversity-tie
4.Culture- Nyc as an major contributor to american pop culture wins this. MTV,Hip Hop. Youths over there look up to new york in this department more than vice versa
5.Skyline-New york by a lanslide and an avalanche
6.Scenery-New york. Great streetscapes amongst skyscrapers,great parks,great architecture,Central park.
7.The People- I would say new yorkers by far(despite what u think about them) are a more unique and interesting bunch. Theres certain qualities to a new yorker. I dont know about london
8.Nightlife- New york has all the music in the US covered and than some. American music dominates the musical landscape across the world. NYC is a huge melting pot of that, it cant be beat. You got hip hop,randb,rock etc. African american culture in new york alone sets it apart in my opinion
I'm with you

Old 01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
1.Personal Preference: NYC
2.Architecture: NYC although london is very close because of a few things. this isn't like one of those one is waaay better than the other sort of things.
3.Diversity: NYC takes this obviously
4.Culture: NYC takes this too
5.Skyline: NYC takes this for already said reasons. we have a larger and more impressive skyline
6.Scenery: London
7.The People: NYC
8.Nightlife: NYC
9.History: London

nyc takes this. culture, skyline and nightlife isn't debatable. the others, ok, i can see how ppl would choose either or...but you have to give us credit on the fact that we're more diverse, have a larger skyline and more of a scene during the night.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 PM

981 posts, read 805,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont blame you for going with the hometeam
Pretty much anything over NYC.

In this case, London is the clear winner. I have more respect and admiration for London than NYC.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Also new york is not a capitol. I might catch flack for this. But the only way paris,london tokyo etc can even be mentioned with new york is because they are capitols and recieve the lionshare of resources in their respective countries. New york has to deal with chicago,LA,philly,DC,San fran,texas etc. And its still great. That alone makes ny more impressive

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
It is worth to take a look at this website

New York Beats London as 'World's Best City' - CNBC

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Well originally there was suppoused to be a poll with this, but something happened, so now theres no poll with it lol. Anyways
Personal Preference-Like Both
Architecture-London
Diversity-NYC
Culture-London
Skyline-NYC
Scenery-London
The People-Tie
Nightlife-NYC
History-London
Hold up, I'll take London actually.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Such impudence! Have some respect for your Queen!
London has THE Queen. She is great but still only one.

LoL, NYC has QueenS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City