Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times

Advertisements

I have to admit, I do like this video (especially Tum Tum's verse, thats like every man's dream!).

YouTube - "Gangsta Females" - Dat Boy X, Big Blue & Tum Tum

I guess this must be a more underground version of Dallas rap. All everyone seems to know Dallas for is corny dance moves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM

910 posts, read 1,084,100 times
LOL. The Dougie/Jiggin is good money. But I'll say ATL just for the fact they been putting it in longer but..Honestly...They both trashington.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

YouTube - DO THE WET DANCE PROMO

YouTube - Tippy Toe

Why do I feel like Dallas is now the capital of corny dance moves? Where do they even come up with this? Who thought to name the Stanky Leg just by putting one leg out to the side? Whats crazy is that this stuff is known across the country now and this is Dallas' legacy on hip hop. Dallas isnt a rappers haven, but we have better stuff than this.

Another thing is that if you look at most of the new rappers coming out of Dallas now, they are Hispanic, not Black. Thats kind of unusual too.
Do the Wet Dance? It should be more popular seems how it isn't anymore stupid then the Stanky Leg. The dance is dumb, but those Mexican chicks in the club were looking Delicious.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
LOL. The Dougie/Jiggin is good money. But I'll say ATL just for the fact they been putting it in longer but..Honestly...They both trashington.
Your from Miami and that funny because you say Atlanta is trashington when Atlanta is, as far as hiphop go associate with Miami not Dallas. On Luke scarred the censored vision he shouted out what? Bankhead bounce! Because Atlanta contribute to the bass music movement. Bass music started in Miami but it’s the original hiphop sound of the southeast. Which is why I posted old school Atlanta videos.

YouTube - Luke featuring Trick Daddy - Scarred

Dis N Dat are from Atlanta and the 69 boyz from Miami

YouTube - Dis N Dat video featuring ( The Lumber Yard Bruhz)

So So Def bass all stars, lil john is in the video I think he's produce the tract?

YouTube - Inoj - Love You Down (Promo) (HQ)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 PM

During the Crunk movement all the dances were fighting moves example the A-Town stomp.

YouTube - Ludacris - Southern Hospitality ft. Pharrell

YouTube - Lil Scrappy (Featuring Lil Jon) - Head Bussa (Video)

A little too crunk

YouTube - Crime Mob - Knuck If You Buck (Video)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
This black generation lacks soul and talent. I can't distinguish Lady Ga Ga a pop singer from Beyonce just sad. Who would have ever thought the neo soul movement was the last true soulful movement. We need to get back to the roots and bring real soul back.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
I'm diggin Ms. Badu new single "Window Seat". She sound real good live

YouTube - Erykah Badu - "Window Seat" 3/3 Fallon (TheAudioPerv.com)

Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM

910 posts, read 1,084,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Your from Miami and that funny because you say Atlanta is trashington when Atlanta is, as far as hiphop go associate with Miami not Dallas. On Luke scarred the censored vision he shouted out what? Bankhead bounce! Because Atlanta contribute to the bass music movement. Bass music started in Miami but it’s the original hiphop sound of the southeast. Which is why I posted old school Atlanta videos.
Nah i'm not from Miami, from NY. Been living here 3 months and i got mad love for Miami..But yeah as u said...OLD SCHOOL...New school Atlanta is on a whole different memo..Atlanta and Dallas both get laughed at for their dumb dances..C'mon now though...Crank that Aquaman?...Do the wet?..Crank that Birdwalk?...Do the Ricky Bobby?..SMH...Those dances lasted maybe a good half-a-summer, and never seen again.

And kdogg It's all for the love of $$$.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
This black generation lacks soul and talent. I can't distinguish Lady Ga Ga a pop singer from Beyonce just sad. Who would have ever thought the neo soul movement was the last true soulful movement. We need to get back to the roots and bring real soul back.
Agreed

YouTube - Monica - Angel Of Mine

YouTube - Monica - The First Night

Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Knuck if you Buck and No Problem by Lil Scrappy were the ultimate fight songs when they were released LOL

I swear every time one of those songs came on; people just started fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City