Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,847,050 times

Advertisements

What are the various differences between style and similarities?

Please post more videos

Dallas

Party Boyz Flex

YouTube - PARTY BOYZ - FLEX OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

Dallas Boogie

YouTube - DALLAS BOOGIE WIT FAT AL

Stanky leg

YouTube - Do The Stanky Leg Offcial Video Hd

Booty Dew

YouTube - GS BOYZ OFFICIAL BOOTY DEW VIDEO

Atlanta

Snap Yo Fingers

YouTube - Snap Yo Fingers, Lil Jon-Sean Paul

One two step

YouTube - Ciara - 1, 2 Step ft. Missy Elliott

Lean wit shoulder lean

YouTube - LEAN WIT IT SHOULDER LEAN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,962,708 times
ATL. But as of late Dallas has been REALLY catching up.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,234,394 times
Atlanta. The only dance I like is the Dallas Boogie and the booty dew is alright. Atlanta dances are more simple and don't involve too much movement; just what I like.

I'm a tall slanky dude so half of those dances are not meant for me to do lol

Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,795,228 times
Both! Atlanta's dances are quite simple, expect for the whole Souja Boy Dance. Dallas's dances are more fun to do, but they are a corny when compared to Atlanta's.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,763,589 times

YouTube - DO THE WET DANCE PROMO

YouTube - Tippy Toe

Why do I feel like Dallas is now the capital of corny dance moves? Where do they even come up with this? Who thought to name the Stanky Leg just by putting one leg out to the side? Whats crazy is that this stuff is known across the country now and this is Dallas' legacy on hip hop. Dallas isnt a rappers haven, but we have better stuff than this.

Another thing is that if you look at most of the new rappers coming out of Dallas now, they are Hispanic, not Black. Thats kind of unusual too.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,253,852 times
The Stanky Leg looks like something my old-school uncles would do at the Juke-Joint back in the day.
Fun dance though.

The Dallas hip-hop dances have been outshining Atlanta lately though. None of them had the impact that the Soulja Boy did though. And that is a pretty complicated dance move.

Not surprised that there are more Hispanic rappers coming out of DFW than Black. There is a larger Hispanic population there.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,009,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

Another thing is that if you look at most of the new rappers coming out of Dallas now, they are Hispanic, not Black. Thats kind of unusual too.
It shouldn't be. Latinos have been a significant part of the hip-hop movement since day one. It's just Atlanta's scene that didn't have that element since there weren't that many latinos here 20 years ago.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,763,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
It shouldn't be. Latinos have been a significant part of the hip-hop movement since day one. It's just Atlanta's scene that didn't have that element since there weren't that many latinos here 20 years ago.
I was refereing to Dallas. I dont know of any Hispanic rappers from Atlanta (although Im sure there are some). Dallas has a ton of hispanic rappers (good or bad).

Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,847,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

Just to add look at New York City, the bay area and LA. You have a diversified base in hip hop. Dallas producer Play N Skillz making some serious cash flow. Making beats for some of these big time Artist like Lil Wayne etc.

Freakz you to be the stuff back in the day. I love it when they remixed with DFW hoods.

YouTube - Play N Skillz- Freaks/call me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City