Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Phoenix. L.a. is too dangerous.
Los Angeles is statistically safer than Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 AM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
Well I beg your pardon and and say people from LA instead of Californians. "Sunbelt city"....."suburban sprawl"? Yeah that's something we wish we had when we already do. Grow up? I wouldn't be talking considering I'm conversing with someone who still watches 'Family Guy' and 'South Park'.
I meant as in you did have it...

Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 AM

159 posts, read 428,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
This is why I don't like Californians, they think everyone wants to be them and when they see someone of higher class they automatically get jealous and assume they're trying to be something their not. In what way does Phoenix try to be LA? Not all of us try to be wannabe celebrities...
Actually, uh, I'm living in Phoenix right now and hate the place. I'm not eager to live in Southern Cali, either, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than this third world outpost.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 AM

484 posts, read 871,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post

Oh hi, hey, over here buddy! Mind being an adult and speaking to me directly.
Ok. Hi, I think you were exaggerating/generalizing when you stated "Phoenix basically wishes it were LA..." That's it. I agree with everything else. Satisfied?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 AM

9 posts, read 16,617 times
I can't believe this is even discussed, when I opened this thread I thought it would be all people making fun of the OP for even comparing. Los Angeles is a world class city, one of the most important and most visited places on the planet. And yeah it's not exactly walkable, but there are a lot of dense parts and even the ones that aren't there are plenty of that are worth seeing. Phoenix is... Phoenix. It has half the density of LA, it's the worst and ugliest kind of a suburban jungle, in the middle of the desert, doesn't hold a candle to LA in any way.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykem View Post
Ok. Hi, I think you were exaggerating/generalizing when you stated "Phoenix basically wishes it were LA..." That's it. I agree with everything else. Satisfied?
Fair enough, I apologise for getting so defensive.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,889 times
Third world? Phoenix was the cleanest city I've ever been to. While driving around, even my cousin from San Diego commented on how clean the roads were (he was impressed of the city). I saw a lot of new modern office buildings with that rock landscaping that I love. Phoenix may not be for everybody, but it certainly didn't strike me as third world. But I understand where you're coming from, I probably hate Florida as much as you hate Phoenix.

I love CA and Los Angeles as much as anybody else does. But there is one big benefit that you can't ignore about PHX, it's so cheap to live there. I couldn't believe the rent prices in the back of their newsstand magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrikeArghast View Post
Actually, uh, I'm living in Phoenix right now and hate the place. I'm not eager to live in Southern Cali, either, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than this third world outpost.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 PM

484 posts, read 871,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
Fair enough, I apologise for getting so defensive.
It's alright.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 PM

117 posts, read 160,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrikeArghast View Post
Move to Phoenix if you want to drown in elderly people/hispanics who are unwilling to integrate, root for pathetic sports franchises with bandwagoning fans, spend all day staring at dirt-colored mountains with no trees and no snow, and wait for 9 months out of the year to get to the 'good' months that everybody raves about. Seriously, all anyone ever talks about here is how WONDERFUL the winter weather is. How, precisely, does that justify the 100 degree temps for the other three quarters? Oh, oh, and my favorite; absolute favorite is: 'it's a dry heat.' That's like calling skin cancer 'body art.' It doesn't make the problem go away.
Funniest thing I've read in a long time. Instead of discrediting your whole post and calling you an idiot I'm just gonna do one part:

January Weather Average temperature: 56
Average high temperature: 67
Average low temperature: 46

February Weather
Average temperature: 60
Average high temperature: 71
Average low temperature: 49

March Weather
Average temperature: 65
Average high temperature: 77
Average low temperature: 54

April Weather
Average temperature: 73
Average high temperature: 85
Average low temperature: 60

May Weather
Average temperature: 82
Average high temperature: 95
Average low temperature: 69

June Weather
Average temperature: 91
Average high temperature: 104
Average low temperature: 78

July Weather
Average temperature: 95
Average high temperature: 106
Average low temperature: 83

August Weather
Average temperature: 94
Average high temperature: 104
Average low temperature: 83

September Weather
Average temperature: 88
Average high temperature: 100
Average low temperature: 77

October Weather
Average temperature: 77
Average high temperature: 89
Average low temperature: 65

November Weather
Average temperature: 64
Average high temperature: 76
Average low temperature: 53

December Weather
Average temperature: 55
Average high temperature: 66
Average low temperature: 45

So THREE months of temperatures with an average high of 100 and over.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM

31 posts, read 60,480 times
...actually it is FOUR months of 100 degrees or more.

Moreover, there is little relief in the summer. The nighttime temperatures are not very pleasant. Granted, we do not average 100 degrees in April, May, or October, but 100s do happen (especially in May and October).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City