Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times

Advertisements

Lol how is every state in the country conservative? The only point I can make from that is that every state is liberal and conservative because there is always competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
All this talk about what Texas will be like in the future, and don't get me wrong I hope Texas does what it says to do, but still, Texas is still conservative lol.
And VA, FL, and GA aren't??? Since when???

The Bush=Texas crap is old. Move on.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What's your definition of conservative?
Well I shouldn't have said every state. But the majority of the states have more red counties than blue counties. There were more red counties than blue counties. Illinois, New York, even Virginia are examples. But these states urban areas dominate the state politically and thus the state is swayed to the democrats. Even Chicagoans and Illinoisans will tell you that if Chicago was not in the state, it's easily republican.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
yeah I think FL and VA are the most liberal, thanks to transplants. NC & GA would be next, followed by TX. This is mostly because of Northern transplants.
I disagree with this, Texas has a large Liberal/Conservative tear. This decade is no less a battle ground for the Lone Star state, it's about to make some massive shifts.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
One. Every southern state is conservative. IN fact, every STATE in the nation is conservative. The only reason many states went blue is becasue they have large urban areas in them such as Illinois, and New York.

Texas is predicted to become blue within the next two election cycles because of it's changing demographic and the Republicans have already stated so. Also, culturally, Texas is Southern. Not Southeastern but in no way is the majority of the state Midwestern. Texas is Texas above all things though. Al Green is also correct. There is a great chance that Texas elects it's first democratic governor comes November.

Democrats Stage a Revival in Texas | The Nation
Small states like Hawaii, and New England states are completely blue, so you are wrong.

And of course states like Illinois and New York are Blue because of large cities, because that's where most of the states population is! Look at a the 2008 presidential election results from Illinois, if you don't count Chicago, the state still would be blue, the counties that are red have hardly any voting population and usually didn't win by more than a few points.

Saying that a state is only Democratic because of a large city and otherwise it would be Republican is like saying that you're healthy except for a cold. You have a cold, you aren't healthy!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Small states like Hawaii, and New England states are completely blue, so you are wrong.

And of course states like Illinois and New York are Blue because of large cities, because that's where most of the states population is! Look at a the 2008 presidential election results from Illinois, if you don't count Chicago, the state still would be blue, the counties that are red have hardly any voting population and usually didn't win by more than a few points.
Well that's why I said in my second post that I should have not said all. But I still stand by my point that the majority of the states in the nation are conservative including every state in the South.

But you believe that if the Chicago area (cook, dupage, kane) was somehow in a different state, Illinois would still become blue? I'll take your word for it.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

It does and it gets annoying and people wonder why Texans get defensive on these boards. Bush does not equal all 25 million Texans.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well I shouldn't have said every state. But the majority of the states have more red counties than blue counties. There were more red counties than blue counties. Illinois, New York, even Virginia are examples. But these states urban areas dominate the state politically and thus the state is swayed to the democrats. Even Chicagoans and Illinoisans will tell you that if Chicago was not in the state, it's easily republican.
I think overall population is a better gauge. There are counties that are very sparse compared to urban regions. Plus cities like Chicago & New York overwhelm their respective states that may have many more Red rural counties.

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times
Then your ENTIRE thread is COMPLETE BS.........

To say Maryland is not Southern is to also Say that Virginia, Florida, and Texas not being Southern............

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

I said earlier that Northern Florida is more conservative while South Florida is more liberal, and if you didn't pay attention to the election, VA, NC, and FL were all won by Obama while TX was won by McCain...it's just facts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City