Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
"Hot in Cleveland" returns to TV Land tonight, Jan. 19, at 10 p.m. US Eastern time.
saw it a bit of it last night....think that one was a repeat...Can't wait to see it tonight....

Last edited by lisa12230; 01-19-2011 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: misspelled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 07:18 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
There aren't many 2011 posts on this thread.

I like the show. I have great respect for Cleveland, home of the Cleveland Clinic, an international medical center. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, city that made Rush the mega band they are... Cleveland has a lot of positives. Fans from sports will varying on their opinions of their Cleveland.

Probably for those in Cleveland they wish there were more local references, but I doubt that will happen. The show is really about women adjusting to where they are in their lives, when their lives currently are "on track" with where these ladies thought they would be in earlier times in their lives.

Val B.'s second husband is from Cleveland so some local humor and rumors get worked in.

I loved the battle of the bands episode, especially Val B's remark about Sammy Hagar when he was with Van Halen.

My question is do you think the show is funnier this season or last? Interested to find out what others who watch the show and laugh think of it.

Thanks,

MSR

Old 02-17-2012, 10:03 AM

480 posts, read 1,916,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
In the second episode, there were a couple exterior shots of the house the women supposedly live in. I believe it's the large, white house with the stone wall around it that sits at the northeast corner of Lake and Nicholson Avenues in Lakewood.
OK, although I am a married, heterosexual thirty-something male, I actually like this show. It reminds me of the GOlden Girls, another woman-aimed show I liked mostly due to watching it as a kid with my grandmother, and later on starting to understand the innuendos and finding it funny.

Anyway, I always figured the house in the show has to be either in the city or in an inner ring suburb, so my two candidates were Tremont or Lakewood...

Old 02-17-2012, 11:15 AM

130 posts, read 299,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post
OK, although I am a married, heterosexual thirty-something male, I actually like this show. It reminds me of the GOlden Girls, another woman-aimed show I liked mostly due to watching it as a kid with my grandmother, and later on starting to understand the innuendos and finding it funny.

Anyway, I always figured the house in the show has to be either in the city or in an inner ring suburb, so my two candidates were Tremont or Lakewood...
sadly, its all filmed in LA.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:18 PM

261 posts, read 588,502 times
Quote:

Lakewood would be correct.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Oh, the show is an obvious Golden Girls ripoff, only now Betty White has graduated to the "Sophia" role, and the three "younger" women are far more glamorous than their Golden Girls counterparts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland