Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:52 PM

11 posts, read 64,142 times

Advertisements

Hi there

I am moving to the Strongsville area and I am looking for a place to live.

Can anyone here tell me what the area is like? What about the surrounding areas like North royalton, Middleburg Heights, etc?

Any advice or friendly tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM

14 posts, read 25,976 times
Strongsville is a great town. Everything you need is here, but traffic on Rt 82 can get bad with all the shops. Its a very low key town and everyone is very nice. Same goes for the surrounding towns. I've lived here 12 years and my wife and I are relocating to Tampa in the next 2 months. We have started the process of listing the home for sale and rent with a local agent.

Anyway, give Strongsville a try I think you would like it.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Yea, you really cant go wrong with Strongsville or any surrounding suburb. Consider Brunswick, as well.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 AM

236 posts, read 462,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf64 View Post
Hi there

I am moving to the Strongsville area and I am looking for a place to live.

Can anyone here tell me what the area is like? What about the surrounding areas like North royalton, Middleburg Heights, etc?

Any advice or friendly tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Strongsville is fabulous... It's just lovely and spacious out there! The shopping and choices of restaurants are amazing and everything you need is right at your fingertips!!!! I've always loved Strongsville. There's so much new development out there. You will NOT be disappointed...

Old 05-05-2011, 01:13 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Not sure I'd go THAT far. It's a bit too suburban for my tastes.
Traffic is a freaking nightmare off the freeway by the mall.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,701 times
Strongsville is a nice city, other than the traffic at times. First thing that comes to mind is: Typical Suburbia.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 9,483 times
I've lived in Brunswick for about 5 years, and my friends live in Strongsville. I absolutely love this area! I agree with the traffic problem, especially around 5-7pm. But it's very convenient, I don't ever have to drive past Strongsville because everything is right there. North Royalton and Middleburg Hts are about the same; Middleburg Hts has a lot of stores and restaurants also.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 PM

192 posts, read 492,416 times
yeah. strongsville's a little to "red" for me, ex-urban....
and i have to work here 2 days per week. i mean, it's nice that they have every chain restaurant or store you can think of, but ....... whatever .......

north royalton has even less urban planning, random ***** everywhere, and more rural than strongsville (in general) same story in Brunstucky (brunswick)

middleburgh hts. has a higher poulation density than the aforementioned communities. i prefer Berea as there's the college in town, and its a bit more walkable, and more of a sense of community. Olmsted Falls is cute too. but maybe too removed

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM

77 posts, read 179,213 times
I've been to Strongsville once.

And that was for the Pokemon tour they were having at the mall :P

But all-in-all It's a really nice place. But then again, I seem to be biased towards west-side suburbs.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM

202 posts, read 367,996 times
Congrats on the move!

I'm strongly biased toward Downtown Cleveland and/or the nearby neighborhoods (Tremont, OH City, Edgewater, Detroit Shoreway, etc.). You can find amazing, affordable places to live near RTA stops and bars/restaurants. If you like to be more on the quiet side, I'd say Edgewater. 'Tis a bit more sprawled out, but still a great place to be! You can always take the 51 bus or do the 25 minute drive to get your fix of Strongsville.

Cheers!
Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland