Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 AM

17 posts, read 21,761 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am relocating from Boston to Cleveland in January. I'll be mainly working in Fairlawn, OH but I have always lived in a downtown area so I'm not sure if I am ready to move out to the burbs.

Does anyone have expereince of the Statler Arms on Euclid Ave in Cleveland. this was one of the places recommneded to me? I read some so-so reviews of the place online. Is this a good area? Easy walk to bars, restuarants etc?

Any help would be very welcomed.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,290,158 times
I have been inside a few times. It's above average is my first response. The sundeck on the roof is a huge plus. I'm pretty sure many of the residents are international students over at Cleveland State University, so it should be a pretty diverse crowd.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,717,250 times
Have you looked at Downtown Akron?

Much better commute to Fairlawn.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:15 PM

@Costello.....thanks for sharing. hoping there arent too many students. Close to mid 30s here and I'm sorry to say a little beyond that stage now!!

@Peregrine.....I havent looked at Akron becuse I'll be working in the Lakewood area a couple of times a week and want to be close to Cleveland airport as I'll be travelling a lot. Much better flight options out of Cleveland then Akron.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,906,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Guy View Post
@Costello.....thanks for sharing. hoping there arent too many students. Close to mid 30s here and I'm sorry to say a little beyond that stage now!!

@Peregrine.....I havent looked at Akron becuse I'll be working in the Lakewood area a couple of times a week and want to be close to Cleveland airport as I'll be travelling a lot. Much better flight options out of Cleveland then Akron.
I was also going to suggest looking into Downtown Akron. How often will you be traveling to Lakewood?

Statler Arms really isn't bad. It lies close to Playhouse Square. Like CM stated, a lot of CSU students call it home.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,002,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I was also going to suggest looking into Downtown Akron. How often will you be traveling to Lakewood?

Statler Arms really isn't bad. It lies close to Playhouse Square. Like CM stated, a lot of CSU students call it home.
As much as I would like to champion downtown Akron, it wouldn't be an adequate substitute for someone looking for something similar to downtown Boston. Not that its bad, it's just the equivalent of pitting a minor league team vs. major. Although yes, the commute would be better.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:33 AM

130 posts, read 299,693 times
You should check out The Residences at 668. I think you'd like it better and its only like a block over on the same street. Statler Arms is a little dated IMO.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Thanks all for your reponses. I hsve decided against the Statler Arms. I have 2 other options to choose from and I am going to creeate a new post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland