Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:30 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times

Advertisements

This world gets sadder and more foolish by the day. So far, there have been no fatalities:

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 08:16 AM

570 posts, read 1,820,480 times
I'm suprised to see no one posted on this. I am glad there were no fatalities. Its one thing to hear about school shooting in Colorado and Virginia, but for it to happen here in Cleveland is just scary. The children that attend the Academy seem to be very intelligent and ambitious. I hope they will be able to get through this situation. It's a good thing the public schools have been closed for the remainder of the week to give the children time to regroup themselves.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM

37 posts, read 209,661 times
To hear about children killing each other is scary and sad...wherever it may occur. My heart goes out to all of the families that have been touched by this.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
Actually, the young man(14) who caused this mess took his own life.

The only question I have, is that by closing all of the schools until Monday, it might possibly reinforce the idea of perceived control and power. In other words, "look how easy it is to disrupt the normal flow of life with violence". Obviously, that particular school needs to be closed down for a bit and I understand the fear of copycat behavior but I wonder if some of the other schools should not continue tomorrow.

Then again, I guess it is really that easy to up-end things if that's what is in your heart

Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
The boy came from a very, very troubled family. On the local news they were reporting about it.
A neighbor of the family has come forward and has informed the media and police of the abuse that went on in that boys house.
It's very sad. It sounds like he was a victim as well.

I think an important question that needs to be answered and posed to this boys teachers is how did an abused, troubled child just go on unnoticed all these years???
Sounds like he just slipped through the cracks. Kind of like the student in Virginia that went on the shooting spree.
He had a troubled past as well. And no one stepped in...
It makes one wonder how many others are walking the school halls?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,503 times
Default Jeffrey Dahmer

When I delivered for FedEx in the Bath-Richfield-Brecksville area, one of my stops was Revere High School. The same wall mounted clocks were ticking time away in the halls. It kind of gave me chills knowing that Dahmer walked those halls amongst all those happy, young fresh faces. I grew up two
townships west of him in Medina Township. His first victim was a hitchhiker going to Chippewa Lake.
It could have been anyone walking in those environs, for I used to ride my bicycle in the area where he lived.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Kids are growing up all over the world with no guidence or or mental health treatment. This kid was known to be very troubled, yet he got passed from one school to another. This is going to keep happening, since the family structure is so broken down in this country. We might as well get used to it.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 PM

63 posts, read 430,358 times
I heard on the news that students have to apply to get into Success Tech High School. I just wonder how they let in a freshman who had a long and documented history of mental and legal problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland