Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 8,491 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Cleveland next year, and I'm starting to look at housing. I'm interested in living downtown or in Ohio City, so I'm hoping people can tell me more about each area. I've been told that Hanna, Rosetta, and 668 are nice, but I'd love to hear more suggestions.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Ohio City is better.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:56 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,129,247 times
Ohio City is more hipster, and a lot of rich kids from the suburbs rebelling against mommy and daddy (but using mommy and daddy's money).

Old 06-15-2013, 08:49 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Ohio City is more hipster, and a lot of rich kids from the suburbs rebelling against mommy and daddy (but using mommy and daddy's money).
Is it that expensive?

Old 06-16-2013, 12:08 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Is it that expensive?
by cleveland standards. Still a bargin by anyone else's.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 AM

2 posts, read 8,491 times
Why is Ohio City better?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 AM

13 posts, read 35,475 times
Both areas have cool things about them. Ohio City has the Westside market and some cool gastropubs and local restaurants. Downtown has a lot of higher end restaurants and pubs, but is particularly more convenient for downtown events. If you are going to be working downtown then it's more convenient for walking to work. Parking is more expensive downtown if you are going to have a car. If you're into the dance clubs, downtown is more convenient to the Warehouse district and the clubs and lounges down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha88 View Post
Why is Ohio City better?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 AM

8 posts, read 12,774 times
Areas like Ohio City/W.25th and Tremont Street are considered 'the best' by many Clevelanders because the area is close to downtown cool, safe relative to other areas close to downtown.

My overall advice is that you sound like you know what you are looking for- those are all unbelievable buildings and I would move into any one of them in a heartbeat. Come visit and try out E.4th street (aka your backyard if you move into one of the buildings you mentioned). It has House of Blues and Lolas. Also check out some of the stuff around W6th like Pier W.

The only downfall of living right downtown is that things are utterly wild early in the night in the summer, and it becomes a ghost town late at night or at night in the winter. You might take a day and hang out around Literary Road in Tremont and West 25th in Ohio City if you can't shake the curiosity. You will want to know those hangout spots regardless of where you live.

It will be easier for us to answer if you give some specifics on price, building type, the scene you want to live right in, the scene you want to be able to drive to, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: