Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:42 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man About Town View Post
Wow! You,from BUFFALO, saying Cleveland is disgusting? Are you kidding me? First you say that Buffalo will be bigger and economically stronger than LA, and that it's better than NYC. Now you say Cleveland is "disgusting"? Gimme a break. Buffalo WILL NEVER be bigger and economically stronger than LA or NYC and it WILL NEVER be nicer than Cleveland. Keep dreaming if you think it will.
This guy is just trolling all of you. Seriously. In his last thread he claimed that Buffalo had 650+ Fortune 500 companies.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:43 AM

510 posts, read 905,413 times
I am surprised you had a bad experience. My husband and I went to Cleveland for a weekend last year and had a fantastic time. The art museum blew me away--as an Italian who has been to the best museums in Europe, I have to say this one completely stacked up. Afterward we went to the tiny little Italy and enjoyed coffee and dessert at Presti's. We went to Tremont and I had one of the best meals I have ever had at Parallax. We visited the West Side Market and bought some great pastries and had a great beer at a brew pub near there. Granted we didn't spend much time downtown but we did visit 4th Street which was lively and fun (you can tell we like to eat and drink!). I was sorry we ran out of time to visit the botanical gardens but we did stop at the beach in Mentor on the way home (I know that isn't Cleveland exactly but close). I don't remember anyone being unfriendly or seeing a lot of trash. Overall we really liked the city and plan to go back.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,113 times
I was just in Cleveland last weekend and thought it was great. It didn't look dirty and I can't really say about the people either way.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 AM

86 posts, read 129,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
This guy is just trolling all of you. Seriously. In his last thread he claimed that Buffalo had 650+ Fortune 500 companies.
Oh, I know he's trolling. He's got more wacko threads going about how Buffalo is "light-years" ahead of LA and he's got threads about Buffalo being better than Chicago and New York.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:07 AM

86 posts, read 129,407 times
Default Cleveland is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
I am surprised you had a bad experience. My husband and I went to Cleveland for a weekend last year and had a fantastic time. The art museum blew me away--as an Italian who has been to the best museums in Europe, I have to say this one completely stacked up. Afterward we went to the tiny little Italy and enjoyed coffee and dessert at Presti's. We went to Tremont and I had one of the best meals I have ever had at Parallax. We visited the West Side Market and bought some great pastries and had a great beer at a brew pub near there. Granted we didn't spend much time downtown but we did visit 4th Street which was lively and fun (you can tell we like to eat and drink!). I was sorry we ran out of time to visit the botanical gardens but we did stop at the beach in Mentor on the way home (I know that isn't Cleveland exactly but close). I don't remember anyone being unfriendly or seeing a lot of trash. Overall we really liked the city and plan to go back.
Sounds like you had a awesome time in Cleveland. I'm planning to visit Cleveland in the near future and I think I'd like to use your post as a trip itinerary for when my wife, daughter and I go.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:29 PM

213 posts, read 449,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
How can I be trolling? I believe I posted about Pittsburgh when I visited and guess what.... I thought it was nice!

Old 08-17-2013, 05:53 PM

220 posts, read 321,741 times
I have lived downtown for two years now, and I always thought it was clean. Theres an organization called the Cleveland Alliance that actually has people cleaning the streets on the daily.

As for the rude people I have to ask, did you actually talk to them? Most people I know are quite nice.

I'd actually come here for a longer stay and then make your observations.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:05 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,072 times
Default Funny analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffalonianPride View Post
Alright, so I was in Cleveland the other day (I was visiting a few cities) and well, the title explains itself. I was downtown, and let me tell you, it was disgusting. There was trash all over the place, and everything seemed old and gross. The people down there were VERY rude and snotty. Overall a terrible experience. Was Cleveland having a bad day, or is it always like this?
Your analysis sounds child like..."Disgusting, gross and snotty." You forgot words like, "OMG, are you serious, your ruining my life." I think we can find you a spot on the NASA team.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 PM

213 posts, read 449,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Your analysis sounds child like..."Disgusting, gross and snotty." You forgot words like, "OMG, are you serious, your ruining my life." I think we can find you a spot on the NASA team.
Oh, I'm sorry? Would you rather have me call your city a piece of $#%@? I don't think so. I could have used some worse terms.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,461 times
I think the national perception of Cleveland blinds people from the good qualities of Cleveland. If you go into the city assuming it's going to suck, you'll probably feel that way when you get there. I mean, hell, I'm pretty sure most of the United States thinks only the city of Cleveland ever has a gloomy day.

Is Cleveland perfect? No. But, I'd take this thread a little more serious if it came from someone from, let's say, somewhere like Los Angeles where the two cities are completely different. But how can someone from Buffalo say Cleveland sucks? I mean, come on, that makes no sense. And holy hell, how can you say the people were snotty? Were some? Maybe. But EVERY FREAKIN PERSON you came in contact with? Come on man, that's preposterous. Don't group everyone together.

Someone from Buffalo claiming Cleveland sucks. Hahaha. I've seen it all, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland