Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:56 PM

396 posts, read 605,334 times

Advertisements

Cincinnati or Louisville?

We're getting ready (3 weeks to go), before we hit the road for a 2 week vacation. We'll be leaving Maine heading for Sharon PA, Cleveland, OH for a few days, then on to Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville - then onto Mammoth Cave, KY onto Nashville, Knoxville, onto VA then back to Lancaster, PA and back to Maine.

Yes we can get a good steak meal anywheres, but these areas seem to be better ones, or ones we'll have time to sit down and enjoy the meal.

Any thoughts and things to see / not miss while we're here?

Skip

- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Little Italy, Candy Warehouse
- Cincinnati Zoo / Garden
- The Caves
- Some entertainment
- and more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:56 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Cleveland Steakhouses (about in the order I would recommend them, but all are good):

Red – Beachwood/Chagrin & Richmond
Fahrenheit – Tremont (not a true steakhouse, but they burn a pretty good one)
Hyde Park – Downtown/Tower City, Beachwood/Chagrin, Westlake/Crocker Park
Morton’s – Downtown/Tower City
Delmonico’s – Independence
XO Prime – Downtown/Warehouse District
John Q’s – Downtown/Public Square
Cleveland Chophouse – Downtown/Warehouse District

Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
I know Cleveland has some amazing, destination restaurants - particularly in Little Italy. I'm sure others will chime in below. But without a doubt, when you're in Cincinnati, get a steak at The Precinct. It's in the Mount Lookout neighborhood on the east side. You'll talk about it years later. And, if you're a fan of ribs, Montgomery Inn in Cincy is an absolute must.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I know Cleveland has some amazing, destination restaurants - particularly in Little Italy. I'm sure others will chime in below. But without a doubt, when you're in Cincinnati, get a steak at The Precinct. It's in the Mount Lookout neighborhood on the east side. You'll talk about it years later. And, if you're a fan of ribs, Montgomery Inn in Cincy is an absolute must.
Agree, No better ribs than Montgomery Inn, had 15 slabs shipped to me last month for party

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
I promise you will NOT get a better steak anywhere:

Steak on a Stone - It's not just a meal, it's an experience

And, of course, there is Welcome to the Brasa Grill Steakhouse
If you like meat you must go there.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 AM

306 posts, read 821,279 times
The best steak in the area is at Red in Beachwood. Yes, it's in the burbs but it's widely considered as one of the best steakhouses in the nation. Terrific food and service and the best wine list in the area.

The best in the city is at Hyde Park or Morton's but Morton's can be found in most large cities, so if you're downtown, Hyde Park gets the edge. In the warehouse district, The Chophouse makes some really good beer and has a large menu (probably more non-steak selections than the others) while John Q's has faded the last few years. XO is pretty good but I think you can get a better steak someplace else.

Brasa Grill isn't a bad choice but Brazilian steakhouses can be found in almost every large city these days. Brasa is very similar to the Texas de Brazil chain. I'd go for something a little more unique although Brasa's food is good. Steak on a Stone is a cool concept but a little too gimmicky for me. I've never eaten at Delmonico's but I've heard good things about it.

Bottom line, the city is loaded with excellent steakhouses and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The only one I don't care for is John Q's but some people still really enjoy it. Read menus, look up reviews and see which ones peak your interest.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 AM

30 posts, read 64,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Parking at the Montgomery Inn on montgomery rd in Cincy can be somewhat of a bear sometimes, though. They just opened (about a year ago) a Montgomery Inn in Columbus on 161 near Sawmill Rd. Plenty more space and parking, and the food is the same. You mentioned you'd be there, as well.
Additionally, Cincinnati zoo = good. Columbus Zoo = best in the country. I've been to both, and the Columbus one is better in every way possible. Unless you don't mind the fact that they have no giraffes there... Strange, but still the zoo to visit.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Cleveland Steakhouses (about in the order I would recommend them, but all are good):

Question, the same names and order if we want a quiet, relaxing restaurant?

Big and loud is fine, but we might be looking for a nice quiet meal? I noticed the Ruth's Chris isn't on the list? Over rated or just not the same kind of place? I'm sure it won't qualify as quiet.

Skip

Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post

A different list here Although many of the same ones, just a different order.

I know all food is subject and everyone has a different opinion (which is very good), just interesting.

- Cleveland Ohio Steakhouses -- Where to Have a Steak in Cleveland Ohio

Skip

Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM

I'm sure in the end, we'll be going to whichever one is within walking distance from our Hotel (down around Euclid Avenue).

Not a big deal, as we'll be covering a lot of ground (some 3,500 +- miles) and will have plenty of time for not only a good steak, but many other great meals as well.

Skip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland