Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:08 PM

185 posts, read 248,110 times

Advertisements

I'm digging the last bit of the article:

Cleveland the city, and the Browns have become a top NFL destination

5) Cleveland has become a better place to live

Take it from me, someone who just moved from Washington D.C. to the revitalized downtown. A friend who visited me called Cleveland “charming,” and it's easy to agree. According to WKYC, the city’s population skyrocketed in 2013. Cleveland’s restaurant scene is one of the most underrated in the country. Places like Little Italy and the West Side Market are staples of why people keep moving back into the city. Why do movies like Captain America keep coming back to film in Cleveland? Because the skyline and uniqueness of the city truly do stand out. Don’t count out the new renovations at FirstEnergy stadium either, which will make the game day experience better for both fans and players. The city itself can now actually be boasted as a pitch to potential Cleveland Browns free agents.[LEFT]
Read more: The Official *I Love Cleveland* Thread
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 PM

465 posts, read 658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownballr27 View Post
When people bash other cities its because they have an Inferiority complex. I went to school in Cincinnati, trust me, I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownballr27 View Post
So see...it is your insecurities that brought you into a Cleveland thread. Got it. The pig city is so irrelevant that it's not even worth Clevelanders' time to bother in your threads.

Hope you enjoy being Ohio's little sister!

Old 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
You folks ought to hop into the Cleveland thread going in the Current Events forum. Some folks are saying some nice things, but of course you have the naysayers with their silly little stereotypes about our region.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM

86 posts, read 129,508 times
There are defintely some great things happening in Cleveland now. The RNC coming to town and LeBron coming back are just two of them.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:04 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBeltOptimist View Post
This is what gets me about Cincy vs Cleveland...both are fantastic cities...Cincinnati's close in neighborhoods are far superior than Cleveland's...the old classic housing stock and the Italianate buildings of OTR are amazing...Cleveland has many things better than Cincy but Cincy has many things better than Cle and both cities are making amazing comebacks.

Don't forget, Cincinnati has now the largest MSA in Ohio and it's MSA is growing the fastest...getting the new GE Hub in the downtown there is going to only accelerate their growth...and hopefully getting the RNC and LBJ back will help accelerate Cleveland...and then the 3 Cs can lead this state to greater prosperity

Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You folks ought to hop into the Cleveland thread going in the Current Events forum. Some folks are saying some nice things, but of course you have the naysayers with their silly little stereotypes about our region.
Yeah, in a thread where the OP asked what people think about Cleveland, people are actually expressing their opinion. Not unsolicited or anything, simply answering a guys question.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:42 PM

254 posts, read 307,755 times
A couple thoughts:

First, I don't really agree with the premise, as I think there is a lot of civic pride in Cleveland. Maybe it's less when you get out to the 'burbs, but on a daily basis I see Cleveland shirts, bumper stickers, etc. etc... and lets not forget how rabid Cleveland sports fans are ... that's at least some indication of civic pride. Most of the people I know who live in Cleveland love it and stick up for it. I'd say that Cleveland has more civic pride than pretty much any other city I've lived in or have visited.

Second, I think the answer to your question is "no." I think part of the reason that many of us Clevelanders love and stick up for Cleveland is that it's an underdog place. We see the disparity of its national reputation vs. the reality: a place that has a lot going for it. And it makes us even more attached to it. If you live in a place that's constantly praised, there's probably less motivation to really fall in love with it...

Old 07-11-2014, 02:58 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowes80 View Post
A couple thoughts:

First, I don't really agree with the premise, as I think there is a lot of civic pride in Cleveland. Maybe it's less when you get out to the 'burbs, but on a daily basis I see Cleveland shirts, bumper stickers, etc. etc... and lets not forget how rabid Cleveland sports fans are ... that's at least some indication of civic pride. Most of the people I know who live in Cleveland love it and stick up for it. I'd say that Cleveland has more civic pride than pretty much any other city I've lived in or have visited.

Second, I think the answer to your question is "no." I think part of the reason that many of us Clevelanders love and stick up for Cleveland is that it's an underdog place. We see the disparity of its national reputation vs. the reality: a place that has a lot going for it. And it makes us even more attached to it. If you live in a place that's constantly praised, there's probably less motivation to really fall in love with it...

I believe that you summed it up beautifully. It truly drives the haters nuts!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
I remember one time my uncle told me that Cleveland was just a really boring place and he said it's not really a place anyone wants to go. That stuck with me so long, until I actually got to research the city for myself. This is why you don't let other people influence what you think of a place. I think a lot of people just hear stuff about Cleveland and assume that it's really as bad as others say, when that's just not true.

I think Cleveland will have a Pittsburgh like comeback. It seems like things are already starting to change. All cities have problems, and Cleveland appears to be working on it's problems. Clevelanders should be proud of their city

Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Cleveland is a wonderful place to live, and this is from someone who has spent the past 8 years living in California. I wish they'd do a better job of integrating the waterfront, but even as it is the metro area is terrific.

If I didn't have other considerations in my decision, I would pick to live in metro Cleveland.

The metro Cleveland area doesn't have to take a back seat to anyplace, considering the cost of living, natural beauty of the area and cultural attractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland