Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 05:28 PM

10 posts, read 34,297 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Cleveland area at the end of June this year to begin a job as a resident at MetroHealth. I have been searching online but have not had much luck at finding apartments. I am not married but there is a possibility of my girlfriend moving with me. I am looking for an apartment that looks like a "normal" apartment complex, ie. 2-3 floors with balconies for each unit, not somewhere that looks like a fire trap hotel. I'm from a more warmer climate that sees snow occassionally but nothing compared to the Great Lakes region. So I have been looking at locations to the south and west of the city but still within a 20-30 min commute to MetroHealth. Areas such as Seven Hills, Rocky River, Middleburg Heights, Brecksville, Parma, Independence, and Berea all sound like a good fit. It would also be nice to have a place for under $700/mon for a 1BR or $900/mon for a 2BR if my girlfriend moves with me. I have seen a few places online such as The Terraces at Northridge in Brooklyn, Woodbury Commons in Parma, or The Vineyards at Broadview Heights have all peaked my interest. I perhaps could be asking for a lot but any input about those areas and/or those apartments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
For that price, you can get very nice apartments in Rocky River. There are quite a few good 2BR places that cost around $700 that are exceptional. For $700 for 1BR, you could get an upperclass type apartment considering most 2BR are $500-$700 in the area. I'd look into the Westlake Condominiums in Rocky River, it's a big pink building on the boarder of Lakewood, a couple miles from MetroHealth. It's the most upscale you are going to get and may be in your price range.

Others include The Presidential, Linden House, etc. There are dozens of apartment complexes in Rocky River. If you want, duplexes make up a large percentage of the city as well and are just as affordable. I just did a quick search and a 2 story duplex with 2 BR and 1.5 bath was around $900 a month. Just check the place out before you go.. because even in Rocky River there are some pretty ugly apartments/areas that may not fit what you want - although much cheaper which are Beachcliff Apartments 1-3BR( Price: $545-$805), Kensington Club 1-2BR( Price: $450-$520), and River Oaks and that area. Lakewoods GoldCoast is the next place I would look!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,557 times
I completely agree with WeSoHood. there are very reasonably priced apartments in the areas and buildings he named. there are also nice buildings in the neighboring city fairview park. neither city has much of a night life though. if you are looking for that kind of thing lakewood would be the right place to live with reasonable pricing like that and many more options.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,911 times
If you like typical apartment complex, you generally tend to get into more boring communities. I concur with Lakewood gold coast. There is plenty to do and you can get your price range. Not a bad commute to metro either. Before I go further and push my own values on you, what exactly are you looking for in a community, other than "apartment complex" looking? What do you want to do in your free time, ect?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM

10 posts, read 34,297 times
Boring communities would be fine with me, I'm not from a large city so a suburb/rural feel would be great for me. I don't mind having to drive to do something exciting, as long as their is a workout facility and a grocery store nearby I will be set.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:10 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,911 times
I am not as good with "boring" areas, but of your original communities named, all should fit the bill . I would say Rocky River is the best match of boring, but with community amenities as well. I am unsure about apartment complexes with gyms though. Of your list I would put Parma on the bottom.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 PM

14 posts, read 48,315 times
Rocky River or Lakewood are good places to start. I concur, put Parma at the bottom or just take it off all together. Westlake has several complexes that have pools, workout facilities (a few treadmills, elipticals, etc) and they might fit in your price range...its a little farther than your other choices but still a reasonable commute. It also has a great city rec center and good shopping/restaurants.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Seven Hills, Rocky River, Lakewood, Independence are all great places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland