Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 03:50 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,442,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
So, what is the point of your thread? You asked where outsiders get their perception of CLE. I point out two most recent examples and you turn it into a ''other cities have the same problem'' thing. Take a hint: don't start a thread related to CLE's perception issues.

Btw, where else do RTA cops check fare cards other than on the trains and healthline? This CLE ''judge'' took it upon herself to remove RTA cops from checking fares on the trains/healthline and used misplaced legal analysis to do so. At least for now, it's a free RTA rapid and healthline ride-I guess that's a positive impression for the city's perception. Just don't exit at Tower City so you can avoid the ''intimidating'' cops at the turnstiles...lol.

Not a great week for CLE politicians (and judges are politicians as well)...now a CLE muni judge candidate has been accused of rape.

Cleveland is becoming East Cleveland. Can't wait for the ''everyone loses'' Mayoral election on Tuesday.
The only way these stories seep into the national conscious these stories would have to be national headlines. To most people in other cities, it's another day at the office. Most people don't think about city politics when it comes to other cities unless you're getting into the political arena. For you, politics in a city is an icebreaker but for most people it isn't. You said it yourself people move for opportunities not politics. Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you go out of your to put down Cleveland just to justify your move to Philly. I've seen cops at the turnstiles at Tower City they never intimidated me.

The point of my thread is where do people get the perception of Cleveland from nationally. If you were to ask people in your current city Philly about their perception of Cleveland, politics would be at the bottom of their list outside or Perk and Kusinch maybe. On the muni judge candidate, let's wait for all the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions. The Moore guy shouldn't have a job in politics at all (as I said in a previous post you might've ignored). Would you call out the politicians in Philly the same way you do Cleveland? Or, would you give them?

Old 11-04-2017, 04:26 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
The only way these stories seep into the national conscious these stories would have to be national headlines. To most people in other cities, it's another day at the office. Most people don't think about city politics when it comes to other cities unless you're getting into the political arena. For you, politics in a city is an icebreaker but for most people it isn't. You said it yourself people move for opportunities not politics. Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you go out of your to put down Cleveland just to justify your move to Philly. I've seen cops at the turnstiles at Tower City they never intimidated me.

The point of my thread is where do people get the perception of Cleveland from nationally. If you were to ask people in your current city Philly about their perception of Cleveland, politics would be at the bottom of their list outside or Perk and Kusinch maybe. On the muni judge candidate, let's wait for all the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions. The Moore guy shouldn't have a job in politics at all (as I said in a previous post you might've ignored). Would you call out the politicians in Philly the same way you do Cleveland? Or, would you give them?
Well, the Lance Mason conviction was a national story.

Curious as to why you sent a private message to me a couple days ago asking why I haven't commented in the CLE thread recently. I now see why; you were bored.

Actually I wasn't going to post until after the Mayoral election but with the Jackson hiring the convicted wife beating judge and the stunning silence, I couldn't resist.

Maybe Reed can pull off a victory in the end. LOL and Cleveland can enjoy free rapid transit rides for a while thanks to a CLE Municipal ''judge''.

Last edited by Kamms; 11-04-2017 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
nationally CLE is perceived to be crime ridden, dangerous, run down, abandoned...etc...so when people read stories such as the ones I cited, it reinforces a negative perception. So no, i don't go out of my way to put Cleveland down for any reason.

No one should be intimidated by cops, unless you have a reason to be like the defendant in the Cleve Muni court case with a judge inserting an inappropriate defense on his behalf. Looks like it's free rapid transit rides in CLE until RTA deals with this issue. The race card gets everyone a free ride! lol...love it.

Now the Bus-Rapid Transit line, hailed as the best BRT line in the U.S. has been reduced to a plain old bus line. Sounds like you pay your RTA fare, so I don't get your point-why would you be intimidated by cops?

Curious as to why you sent a private message to me a couple days ago asking why I haven't commented in the CLE thread recently. I now see why; you were otherwise bored.

So far, the Philly mayor hasn't hired a judge who beat the sh't out of his wife in front of their kids, threw her a*s out the car, convicted, suspended law license, lost judicial job, does time, out early, and then is right back on the public dole with a created ''minority business development'' job. Then again, the thread you started was about Cleveland so why would Philly politics or any other cities politics be discussed.

Actually I wasn't going to post until after the Mayoral election but with the Jackson hiring the convicted wife beating judge and the stunning silence from the liberals, I couldn't resist.

In today's politics, maybe Reed can pull off a victory in the end. LOL
But, who would read about Moore or the judge candidate being accused of rape in Philly or any other city if they already have their minds made up about Cleveland? It wouldn't apply to them unless you're a Cleveland ex-pat or a political junkie like yourself. You make almost everything a race or partisan issue when there isn't one. You didn't read my whole post I said that the guy Jackson hired shouldn't be in politics period but you glossed over that and made it a conservative/liberal thing. There are conservatives in Cleveland too but I didn't hear anything from them either on this issue so they're both wrong.

Plus, I don't make everything about race like you do and I'm black. I don't agree with the judge's decision but you automatically jump to "the race card." I didn't get a free All Day Pass Friday when I rode the Rapid for being black. I still had to pay $5,50 like everybody else. So, where the hell did you draw that conclusion from? The reason I bring up Philly politics you'll be critical Cleveland politics but you won't be critical of Philly politics when the time comes since that's your current city and it's one of the beacons of a growing city. I'm not a homer I do feel some people in Cleveland politics need to go but for better life reasons not partisan reasons. Just because a person has an "R", "D" or "I" behind their name doesn't mean they're good or bad.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
But, who would read about Moore or the judge candidate being accused of rape in Philly or any other city if they already have their minds made up about Cleveland? It wouldn't apply to them unless you're a Cleveland ex-pat or a political junkie like yourself. You make almost everything a race or partisan issue when there isn't one. You didn't read my whole post I said that the guy Jackson hired shouldn't be in politics period but you glossed over that and made it a conservative/liberal thing. There are conservatives in Cleveland too but I didn't hear anything from them either on this issue so they're both wrong.

Plus, I don't make everything about race like you do and I'm black. I don't agree with the judge's decision but you automatically jump to "the race card." I didn't get a free All Day Pass Friday when I rode the Rapid for being black. I still had to pay $5,50 like everybody else. So, where the hell did you draw that conclusion from? The reason I bring up Philly politics you'll be critical Cleveland politics but you won't be critical of Philly politics when the time comes since that's your current city and it's one of the beacons of a growing city. I'm not a homer I do feel some people in Cleveland politics need to go but for better life reasons not partisan reasons. Just because a person has an "R", "D" or "I" behind their name doesn't mean they're good or bad.
The HealthLine has had issues related to fare enforcement from the start. The system was designed on a ''honor system'' of paying your fare, subject to random payment verification, violations of which were deemed criminal offenses, payment of fine. Early on this system was attacked as being racially biased, especially among juveniles. So now finally a CLE municipal judge put an end to it imposing her own misplaced and misguided 4th Amendment and that cops are ''intimidating'', also known as playing the race card. The defendant in the case was removed from the HealthLine for not having a fare card.

I didn't bring race into this topic, others as well as this judge did. Again, thanks for the free Rapid Transit rides Judge. You didn't need to.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Well, the Lance Mason conviction was a national story.

Curious as to why you sent a private message to me a couple days ago asking why I haven't commented in the CLE thread recently. I now see why; you were bored.

Actually I wasn't going to post until after the Mayoral election but with the Jackson hiring the convicted wife beating judge and the stunning silence, I couldn't resist.

Maybe Reed can pull off a victory in the end. LOL and Cleveland can enjoy free rapid transit rides for a while thanks to a CLE Municipal ''judge''.
To my knowledge the Mason conviction wasn't a national story, it was more of a Cleveland story. Do you have any national media reports? If you got national reports talking about this story send the links. No I wasn't bored when I sent you that message I was more curious. Once again, where's my free rapid transit rides? Didn't get any free rides when I rode the rapid this weekend. Guess too much isn't going on in Philly because we see you on the CLE boards more lol. It's OK Cleveland still loves you.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
To my knowledge the Mason conviction wasn't a national story, it was more of a Cleveland story. Do you have any national media reports? If you got national reports talking about this story send the links. No I wasn't bored when I sent you that message I was more curious. Once again, where's my free rapid transit rides? Didn't get any free rides when I rode the rapid this weekend. Guess too much isn't going on in Philly because we see you on the CLE boards more lol. It's OK Cleveland still loves you.
Just waiting for that Tuesday mayor election in The Land.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Just waiting for that Tuesday mayor election in The Land.
Where's your national media sources on the Mason story? Don't wait til Tuesday post them now if you got them.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Where's your national media sources on the Mason story? Don't wait til Tuesday post them now if you got them.
Well, here's one from Oklahoma:

http://kfor.com/2017/11/05/city-of-c...ting-his-wife/

Notice another CLE official using that ''Dr.'' with their name...lol. 15 other applicants rejected; of course CLE doesn't check criminal history, no surprise there. Mason had lots of wife's blood on him after the attack and remember the attack occurred in a moving vehicle with two kids present.

Anyway, you take my criticism of Cleveland politicians/politics way too seriously. Cleveland's in the most optimistic period since 1967, this time there is actually new residential construction going on. That's 50 years; yet all that optimism has resulted in these local professional politicians continuing to drag the city, the county, and now the region into decline. I still am connected to CLE and would like to return to the city at some point. I spent about 3 months or so in CLE this past year.

However, the level of political leadership needs a significant improvement as soon as possible. So tomorrow it's Jackson or Reed. That's not progress.

Btw, any big protests planned about Jackson hiring the wife beating judge? No demands from BLM for the mayor and Mason to resign? Where is Fudge on this outrage? Wonder why the silence is so deafening...

Last edited by Kamms; 11-06-2017 at 09:53 AM..

Old 11-06-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
https://kansascityhappenings.wordpre...ting-his-wife/

http://wgno.com/tag/lance-mason/

http://usanewswires.com/id/17463510950

just a sampling...but you can't actually believe this story would get much play considering who the parties are and the topics: (Frank Jackson-Lance Mason, with a silent female African American Congresswoman). The topics and parties involved do not fit the PC script...=...silence.

Last edited by Kamms; 11-06-2017 at 10:27 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
https://kansascityhappenings.wordpre...ting-his-wife/

lance mason | WGNO

City of Cleveland hires former judge convicted of beating his wife

just a sampling...but you can't actually believe this story would get much play considering who the parties are and the topics: (Frank Jackson-Lance Mason, with a silent female African American Congresswoman). The topics and parties involved do not fit the PC script...=...silence.
Most of those sources you gave me weren't national most of them were other city newspapers. Most of the people who live in those cities don't pay attention to those stories. Now, if you wouldn't gave a CNN, MSNBC, HLN, BBC or even Fox News then that's something because those sources are picked up by the masses. Majority of people in KC or Oklahoma aren't gonna care what's going on in Cleveland. They put that story in because of regional stories. Just my $.02.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: