Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times

Advertisements

There are two possible locations for the Cleveland Convention Center. Which one do you like the best?

CLEVELAND | Project Rundown - SkyscraperPage Forum

Lakefront:

Riverfront: Not just the circled area, but the complex along the riverfront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
I like the idea of the river one a little bit more. Either of them would be nice though, as long as its something good for Cleveland.

I was surprised after looking at that link and seeing all the things that are going on in Cleveland. There is so many good things going on. This place really is going to improve soon.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times
I like the River location better. The river location is sexy and you've got a direct connection with the rapid transit to the airport.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 PM

Do you know if Cleveland is getting any more high-rises anytime soon? I would like to see another building around the height of the BP tower. They had proposed a few but I dont think any of them are still being built.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Do you know if Cleveland is getting any more high-rises anytime soon? I would like to see another building around the height of the BP tower. They had proposed a few but I dont think any of them are still being built.
They were going to move Ameritrust downtown, right around the Warehouse District, it would have been going up around the same time as Key Tower, but they moved their operations there instead. It would have been over 1,100 feet tall. The design wasn't the best, but it would have been extremely tall.

Right now Downtown Cleveland is seeing large amounts of companies move in, companies are growing, and the downtown is prospering. In return for all this growth new highrises are in the works. The Warehouse District once again could be the possible sight for a new highrise, also look for one possibly going up around Public Square. There is a 25 story hotel proposed along the riverfront behind Tower City, close to one of the possible sights for the Convention Center, actually right next to the Federal Building built back in 2002.

The original Ameritrust Tower (black ugly building) was going to be knocked down this past year and a new building go in its place, a lot of people didn't want it to come down, so they saved it. Talks of rehabbing it are a possibility. Either way the building will be seeing millions in new design.

Also, don't forget about 515 Euclid Tower. 20 Story highrise condos.

With the new construction frenzy in Cleveland, a new highrise is a very good possibility.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Back to the Convention Center, I agree as well, the Riverfront idea is my favorite. Cleveland has other plans for the lakefront. Parks, marinas, restaurants are more lakefront, instead of a Convention Center.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:31 PM

Yeah, the city should definitely do something to improve the lakefront. There is a lot of potential for Cleveland in the lakefront, it would be nice to see something similar to Chicagos lakefront.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:38 PM

I agree, and Cleveland's new lakefront plan is something similar to Chicago's.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:05 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times
^I don't think the Ameritrust building is that ugly -- nor does the American Institute of Architects -- and I think the plan to actually tear down a skyscraper is extremely foolish.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM

If Ameritrust wanted to build a new building, but people didnt want the old one torn down, they should have just picked another site. Despite what people think, there is a lot of sites in or near downtown that are either empty or that dont matter much. If you look at places like Chicago, NY, etc. the majority of the space downtown is taken up by skyscrapers, highrises, or multi-story parking garages. If you look at Cleveland there is a lot of surface level parking thats just taking up space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: