Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 02:45 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,453,029 times

Advertisements

Family seeking good special needs schooling, inclusive community, immediately focused on Avon Lake, Westlake and Rocky River.

Avon Lake, Westlake, Rocky River or Bay Village?!HELP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 08:50 AM

Default West side parochial schools

A potential transplant seeks information about Catholic elementary schools, and the thread primarily discusses parochial schools on the west side.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/clev...ry-school.html

Old 09-30-2022, 03:48 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,045,018 times
Nice pic of a $7M home that just sold, only on the market for 2 weeks. I guess they don't worry too much about Lake Erie erosion, such as the case on the far East side communities and Lake County.

https://www.cleveland.com/realestate...unty-home.html

Old 11-07-2022, 09:20 PM

Default Old Brooklyn, Kamm's Corners, other Cleveland west side neighborhoods

OP desires to buy a duplex and focused on Old Brooklyn, Kamm's Corners and other west side neighborhoods in the City of Cleveland.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/clev...l#post64414018

Old 11-14-2022, 11:15 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
I just visiting Cleveland last weekend. I drove around Lakewood and the area just south. I went from Parma, and drove north on Ridge Rd till I hit Rte 10/I-90 then just crawled my way through Detroit Shoreway until I came upon Don's Lighthouse, and then into Lakewood.

Such extreme contrasts in perceived wealth of the neighborhoods. I am guessing Parma is skewing middle class, then between that and the lakeshore is skewing more lower income. It seems its I-90, and the railroad track that separates the affluent lakefront communities like Lakewood from the less affluent south of it.

I also think I see some signs of gentrification in Detroit Shoreway. Along Rte-6 I see some nice shops, but as you turn south into the side streets the housing looks less maintained. If you go north of Rte-6 closer to the lakeshore I saw this modern looking multi-families with the shiny facades. The closer you get to Downtown Cleveland the more gentrified it gets.

By the way what are the rents/home prices like in these areas? Is Detroit Shoreway, and Brooklyn considered nabes of Cleveland or they separate towns?

Old 11-15-2022, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I just visiting Cleveland last weekend. I drove around Lakewood and the area just south. I went from Parma, and drove north on Ridge Rd till I hit Rte 10/I-90 then just crawled my way through Detroit Shoreway until I came upon Don's Lighthouse, and then into Lakewood.

Such extreme contrasts in perceived wealth of the neighborhoods. I am guessing Parma is skewing middle class, then between that and the lakeshore is skewing more lower income. It seems its I-90, and the railroad track that separates the affluent lakefront communities like Lakewood from the less affluent south of it.

I also think I see some signs of gentrification in Detroit Shoreway. Along Rte-6 I see some nice shops, but as you turn south into the side streets the housing looks less maintained. If you go north of Rte-6 closer to the lakeshore I saw this modern looking multi-families with the shiny facades. The closer you get to Downtown Cleveland the more gentrified it gets.

By the way what are the rents/home prices like in these areas? Is Detroit Shoreway, and Brooklyn considered nabes of Cleveland or they separate towns?

This thread is a compilation thread of other threads. Your post, while interesting and worthwhile, attempts to start a separate discussion within this compilation thread. To preserve the purpose of this thread, please start a new thread, and perhaps ask moderators to delete your post. You can link your new discussion thread to this compilation thread. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland