Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 01:50 PM

8 posts, read 23,175 times

Advertisements

If you would like to spend more than 150000 in buying a house in east side suburbs with potential to make money when resaling it in the future, please listen to my suggestion.
Cleveland heights:For zip code 44106, very nice. If you could find one around 150000 with above 2000sft, good deal. For zip code 44121, forget it. For zip code 44118, only keep an eye on some places near fairmount blvd, means the most south part of Cleveland heights, or some part between conventry road and Lee road (not bordering cedar will be good)

Shaker heights: For zip 44120, forget all the places bordering Cleveland city. (Like sutton,millverton or Ludlow). Van aken blvd is also not a good choice....
For zip 44122, do not buy a house south of Van Aken (together with Van Aken). The other parts of shaker are decent. However, if you want to make your house get a good potential, the farther to Cleveland city, the better).

South euclid: low potential area, if you really would like to spend 150000 in a house there, only take a look at some parts ( south belvior, south green and John Caroll nearby areas). Recently I just noticed lots of houses even in these decent areas (They are actually very nice and convinent) of south euclid listing in the market at very attractive price, for me, I would think that is a sign of declining and money moving out.

Lyndhurst: better than south euclid, be smart of your money. If you would spend 150000 in buying a house there. Just search the part cross road of beachwood shopping mall, or near legacy village.

Actually for me, if I want to spend 150000 or more in housing for the above places, I would only take consider of Shaker. The other 3 school systems are not good enough to hold the house value.

Mayfield heights: full of small houses, I would predict mayfield heights would have a big white move in in the following 5 years. If you could find a house over 20000 sft only asking 150000, this is a deal. Good school district makes your house value possible to appreciate.

Beachwood: Nice area with lower tax and good schools. Not exact a place to eliminate. 150000 is doubtably enough. A good place to invest in right now.

Richmond heights: Not worth to buy a house at 150000 in it right now or ever.

Highland heights: Decent but not buy a house close to richmond heights.

Mayfield village: Good to buy.

The outter rings (Pepper pike, Moreland hills, Gates mills, Orange...) are all very very good. 150000 may not be enough to have a house there.Maybe a foreclouse one. If you could find one, you are lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM

8 posts, read 23,175 times
University heights: The closer to the fairmout, the better. Still not worth 150000 to invest in right now because of its not so good school system...Location, Location, Location...

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,289,444 times
Sorry, I'm just confused by the reason for this post..especially due to your previous post history. Are you from the area?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 PM

141 posts, read 428,176 times
Holy grammar-ola

Old 08-01-2009, 04:44 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,215,871 times
I agree for the most part. Was not aware Brush High has declined though. Is South Euclid going the way of North Cleveland Hts because of its proximity to East Cleveland? I was hoping we were done with this white flight BS, but if what you say is true then I guess it's still happening.

I'm pretty sure Coventry, South Cleveland Hts, and North Shaker Hts will always be solid because of the housing stock and amenities, but people who buy there will have to deal with the declining schools and high property tax.

Mayfield seems to have the best schools, but the crappiest housing stock. How American

Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 33,539 times
Hi there,

Was curious as to why Richmond Heights is terrible, in your opinion? I don't live there (I have a sister who owns home in RH), but I am considering renting in the Lyndhurst area (not able to buy yet). I have school age-children and so this is why I am asking.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland