Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM

159 posts, read 258,966 times

Advertisements

My daughter feels that this would be an excellent house to live in or rent. I can see evacuations, and winter storms, and long rides to get to a walmart. Insurance will surely be higher on the Outer banks, and wind damage repairs. She wants to trade a home in downtown austin for this, but that is a good rental area. I need answers as she is emotional about making money on the outer banks in the rental business.

Ad:
Outer banks canal front beach house (Pine Knoll Shores .........

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 AM

713 posts, read 3,928,422 times
Smile A great place to live

Quote:
Originally Posted by schil View Post
My daughter feels that this would be an excellent house to live in or rent. I can see evacuations, and winter storms, and long rides to get to a walmart. Insurance will surely be higher on the Outer banks, and wind damage repairs. She wants to trade a home in downtown austin for this, but that is a good rental area. I need answers as she is emotional about making money on the outer banks in the rental business.

Ad:
[b][i]Outer banks canal front beach house (Pine Knoll Shores .........
I cannot give you a complete answer, but I can tell that I can only remember one evacuation in the four years that we have lived here, and that was for Earl this year. Insurance over on the shore is more expensive. Your ride to Walmart would be ten miles or less. We have friends who have lived for years near the canal in Pine Knoll Shores, and they love it. They have a great place over on the beach side of the highway to park when they want to visit the beach. The Pine Knoll Shores golf course is just around the corner from them, and they can hear the ocean from their backyard. Most of the homes where they live are year round residents. As to winter storms, I don't think the area suffers much from that.

If I were trying to make money on a rental, I don't think a canal front home in Pine Knoll Shores would be my first choice. However, if I was looking for a really nice place to live either part time or full time, I might give it a serious look. The area has a lot to offer.

I maintain a website that has lots of information and pictures about the Crystal Coast area.

We live on the other end of the area near Emerald Isle (http://coastalnc.org/emeraldislenctravelguidecd - broken link).

Good luck figuring out your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina