Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,535 times

Advertisements

I am possibly moving to Dover Nc. Does anyone know anything abut this community? Any websites that would tell more about the area?

If you live there, do you like it? What's the best and the worst thing living in Dover.

The area of COMPANY RD, in Dover is my main concern. The crime rate there? What type of community?

I know it has about 400 people... but are they nice? My wife is freaked out!
We have a great deal offered to us, we just wonder why its such a Great Deal!

Thanks Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2006, 11:16 AM

954 posts, read 4,379,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroJr View Post
I am possibly moving to Dover Nc. Does anyone know anything abut this community? Any websites that would tell more about the area?

If you live there, do you like it? What's the best and the worst thing living in Dover.

Thanks Any help is appreciated!
I used to live about 30 miles from there in Greenville NC.
It is really just a wide place in the road. For most anything you do, you will need to drive to Vanceboro, Kinston or Greenville.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Dover-North-Carolina.html

Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,535 times
Thanks....

Hows the job market in the area? I currently work in AV installs and have worked in TV. I would love to get back in to TV, but I am sure Dover probably is MILES from any TV stations?

Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM

954 posts, read 4,379,610 times
As far as I know, the closest is the station in Greenville.
For that kind of work, you might do better down toward Wilmington with the movie studios. Don't know if that kind of work in unionized in NC, like in LA.
With a population of less than 500, Dover ain't got much in the way of media.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:56 PM

212 posts, read 1,064,191 times
Dover is miles away from anywhere! Greenville, New Bern and Kinston are fair sized towns. I'm sure the folks down Dover way are just fine.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,017,053 times
Dover Quickfacts from the U.S. Census Bureau.

http://censtats.census.gov/data/NC/1603717660.pdf

Old 09-02-2006, 06:27 PM

787 posts, read 3,585,383 times
You are moving to Dover, on purpose? While I live in Snow Hill which is about 40 miles to the west of Dover and really have no room to talk about living in the boondocks, I can't envision moving to Dover anymore than I envision someone moving to Snow Hill on purpose unless they have family there, were born there or married someone that was born and raised in either place. If it is possible, I believe Dover is smaller than Snow Hill but it certainly is in the same bracket. You will have to drive to Kinston or New Bern probably to get any thing like you would buy at a Walmart and perhaps even groceries. The Eastern Area of North Carolina is dotted with small towns that are miles from the nearest hospital and shopping centers. And if you love the privacy and can come to grips like I have lived with all my life the inconvenience of having to drive about 15 miles one way to get to the grocery store or even getting a pizza, then you might like it. Small town people are usually really nice but a lot of them are suspicious of people that move into the area without family ties to the area. It will probably take some time to adjust but I hope you really see this place and think long and hard about it before you move there and find out that it really isn't what you wanted at all. But if you are use to small town living, you won't have that much to adjust to.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,747 times
Default Living in Dover

hello...I use to live in Dover and it is a very small town ..My ex husbands family is all from there ..Its not like it use to be in the 70s and even in the late 90s...I spent about 20 yrs there all together...use to be you could go to bed with your doors unlocked but now you cant do that...People breaking in on you taking whats not theirs
The schools are all so far away with kids having to ride 45 minutes to just the elemetary school,...Middle school is about an hrs ride to and from...Same with the high school..I raised 5 kids there and the school system is a little behind some of the bigger cities...Who ever it was that wrote about the stores is very right...They have a grocery store there but its so high you be just as well off as to ride to kinston to get what you need...there are no jobs there because Dover really has nothing to offer you..Just a small town is all...If you need any more info please feel free to email me anytime at Mistysnnc@yahoo.com..thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina