Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 06:20 AM

8 posts, read 24,561 times

Advertisements

We are headed down to Ocean Isle for a family trip and the guys want to go golfing. We are looking for a reasonably priced course that is good for beginners. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 AM

116 posts, read 425,661 times
My husband said that Crow Creek wasn't too challenging and a pleasure to play, Sandpiper Bay was good too, also Bricklanding and Oyster Bay!
Enjoy your time at the beach and the golf course!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:39 AM

15 posts, read 66,842 times
Default OIB Golf

Try Sea Trail, they have three courses and don't seem to be too bad on the price. Otherwise I would suggest taking the short drive into North Myrtle Beach.

You can look Sea Trail up on line. It will be listed as located in Sunset Beach but it's only a couple miles south of OIB.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
[quote=mmhicks;9583139]We are headed down to Ocean Isle for a family trip and the guys want to go golfing. We are looking for a reasonably priced course that is good for beginners. Thanks![/QUOTE

I think it depends on what you think is a reasonable rate and how good (or really bad...like me) you are.
The courses mentioned are fun to play and drop dead beautiful. They range in price from $60.00+ a round.

The really nice thing is that the courses (for the most part) are Marshalled well. So if your play is slow, they will ask you to "pick up the pace".

The Marshalls see everything from scratch players to folks like me (hackers).

If you are concerned about your play....check out Cane Patch in Myrtle Beach on Kings Hwy. not far from Ocean Isle. It's a nice little par 3 course, under $20.00.

Whatever you decide, you will not be disappointed!
Have a ton of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina