Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times

Advertisements

This is guideline to helpful questions for newcomers needing relocation advice.
Since this coastal forum it is helpful to place city in thread titles to receive faster response from those that have knowledge of the area.

. Have you searched this forum for answers to your questions before posting a new inquiry?
. What specific topic have you not found answers to?
And..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hi welcome,

To help the members of the forum guide you more quickly towards a compatible neighborhood and lifestyle, here are "just a few" starter questions to choose from.

When are you moving?
Where are you coming from?
Why are you moving?
Where will you be working?
Where will your work location be?
Maximum commute time desired?
What city are you moving to?
Have you been here yet?

Will you buy or rent?
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend?
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up?

Are you married or single? Do you have children?
Do you prefer public or private schools?
Do you have pets?
Do you want or need a yard?
Do you have a car? or need public transportation?
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet?

Specific wants/desires?

----------------------------------------------------------
To create a thread click
in the desire forum
Make sure your title is descriptive so members know what the content of your post is about.
Read this for good thread titles What makes a good thread title?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-03-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,029,289 times
As a licensed NC Real Estate Broker I must give a word of caution to real estate buyers/sellers. Please be careful with the info you post about you and your real estate needs/status. A Broker representing a buyer or a Broker representing a seller may be able to gain an advantage by the personal data you post. Be sure that what ever information you disclose will not or could not disadvantage you in a future transaction.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM

7 posts, read 19,740 times
Hey Bill,
can you give me any information on 28401 area code for Wilmington? crime , people ,the area in general.I have one my research and would like some incite on the area in general,thanks in advance

Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM

32 posts, read 73,791 times
When are you moving? Hopefully within the next few months
Where are you coming from? massachusetts (sorry)
Why are you moving? I have lupus, winter kills me and the col is horrible here
Where will you be working? My husband is a psychiatric tech, hopefully he will be able to find something in his field before we move
Where will your work location be?Wilmington area hopefully, but he will travel
Maximum commute time desired? 45 mins to an hour
What city are you moving to? preferably Wilmington or surrounding areas
Have you been here yet? visited while my son was at Ft. Bragg

Will you buy or rent? rent for a year, then buy
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?house, preferably no more than $1,100
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend?
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up?

Are you married or single? Do you have children? married, 19 yo daughter coming with
Do you prefer public or private schools?
Do you have pets?one cat
Do you want or need a yard?definitely a yard
Do you have a car? or need public transportation?2 cars
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm an calm

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If my husband can't find employment by the summer we will hopefully find a landlord that will take 6 months of rent in advance. I do admin work so most likely won't have a hard time finding work. I also receive ssdi for my lupus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina