Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,030,354 times

Advertisements

I am posting this on Saturday, Oct.13. It is the current and forecasted weather for the mid-coastal region of North Carolina. The weather forecast is almost as great as the fishing forecast!!
I would highly encourage that any and all to call into work, "well" and come on down to coastal NC for a day or ten.

Today: Sunny, with a high near 72. North wind between 7 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 52. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 75. North wind between 5 and 8 mph.

Sunday Night: Clear, with a low around 55. Northeast wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 77. East wind around 8 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM

11 posts, read 22,858 times
Hi. Not from your neck of the woods, hence asking this question, What would one expect the weather to be like in October/November?, I am visiting the area the first week of November. Thank you

Old 10-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Good question. And before someone posts an average temp. chart-Let me just say that temperatures can be in the extreme-particularly in November. For example-I remember a Nov.4 about 10 years ago I went fishing. At day break the temperature was 32 degrees. By afternoon the temp. was 72 degrees.
October and November are my two favorite months. 50-60's are October lows. 70-80's are the highs. Drop everything down about 10 degrees for November.
Winds for both months tend to be light and northerly with very low humidity.
Another very important thing to remember is that the weather from the water to about 5 miles or so inland is diferent from everywhere else.
Hope this helps!
Bill

Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

505 posts, read 2,543,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Good question. And before someone posts an average temp. chart-Let me just say that temperatures can be in the extreme-particularly in November. For example-I remember a Nov.4 about 10 years ago I went fishing. At day break the temperature was 32 degrees. By afternoon the temp. was 72 degrees.
October and November are my two favorite months. 50-60's are October lows. 70-80's are the highs. Drop everything down about 10 degrees for November.
Winds for both months tend to be light and northerly with very low humidity.
Another very important thing to remember is that the weather from the water to about 5 miles or so inland is diferent from everywhere else.
Hope this helps!
Bill
I don't completly agree with that.

You are on the coast, I would say the averages for October are 60's, 70's or low 80's for high's....and 40's, 50's, and low 60's for lows.

November it begins to start getting cold. Highs average in the 50's, 60's and 70's most of the month. However, we begin to start seeing highs in the 40's past the 20th of the month. Lows can be in the 20's by the end of the month. We have seen acc. snow in Raleigh in November. Also, I have seen snow in New Bern on the first few days of December.

So far, this october has been way above normal. The temps you have shown for this week are normal. We have been in the low to mid 40's in Raleigh everynight this week though. The water kills you guys at the coast......im my opinion...lol .....helps you in the summer though...

Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 AM

The weather from the coast to about 5 or so miles inland is completely different than anywhere else.
And as I made mention-The weather can be in the extremes. I have been outside on Christmas day in shorts and no shirt. Christmas of 1989 we had a foot of snow (very odd). And on the subject of snow-We have gone 4 and 5 year stretches without seeing a single snow flake. When we do get a snow-It's usually a dusting and gone by afternoon. If that happens more than twice in a year then it was a "bad" snow year.
Beffrey2-Your weather observations may hold true for Raleigh-But not along the coast. You are definetly trying to compare apples and oranges.
Bill

Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM

505 posts, read 2,543,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
The weather from the coast to about 5 or so miles inland is completely different than anywhere else.
And as I made mention-The weather can be in the extremes. I have been outside on Christmas day in shorts and no shirt. Christmas of 1989 we had a foot of snow (very odd). And on the subject of snow-We have gone 4 and 5 year stretches without seeing a single snow flake. When we do get a snow-It's usually a dusting and gone by afternoon. If that happens more than twice in a year then it was a "bad" snow year.
Beffrey2-Your weather observations may hold true for Raleigh-But not along the coast. You are definetly trying to compare apples and oranges.
Bill

You are correct for Morehead City. But Areas from Hwy 17 and west see snow every year. And yes, there is a huge difference between say New Bern and the beaches winter weather. In the 16 years I lived in New Bern, we had at least 1 acc. snow every year. In fact, some years we had several storms. Yeah, 1989 was incredible. The first half of that year we had like 6 acc. snows....of course that was then followed by the 12-18 inch christmas snow storm of 89. It was -4 degrees on christmas morning.

Like I said, you are correct about the beach averages, but that is a very small area. Most of eastern NC has weather much cooler starting in late October than the beach does. Yes, our weather can be extreme.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Beffrey2 said, "Like I said, you are correct about the beach averages, but that is a very small area".
Say about from the coast to about 5 or so miles inland kind of a small area??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina