Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 AM

43 posts, read 63,569 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Wilmington and I haven't met too many people, because I don't go out. I need that to change, even if I go out alone! I know that this is a college town (and how!) and I'd like to know if there is a bar/lounge that has a demographic of around 40-50 years old where I might go out and have a drink. A place to dance would be great too. I love to dance and still, don't feel so comfortable when everyone there is 22. Where I lived before had a local place that was really like "Cheers" a woman could go there alone and not feel self conscious.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
Default Dancing in Wilmington for Any Age

Hi Dainty. I'm not a regular poster. I mostly just read and take notes. However, I have some information that might be useful. Since I plan to move to the Wilmington area one day in the hopefully forseeable future, and fit into the same approximate demographic, I, too have wondered where one might go for dancing and to meet nice people. I stumbled upon Contra dancing, a type of English folk dancing that looks to be a lot of fun I don't have firsthand knowledge of it, but it's held downtown at a church. Here's a website. Http://www.wilmingtoncontradance.info Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: