Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 06:41 AM

7 posts, read 9,776 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to the Southport area soon and are having a hard time finding suitable rental options. We have been looking online and tried to call a few contacts, but no one is calling us back. I will be starting my new job in Southport in one month and we really need to find a place fast. Any suggestions or contacts that I can try? We are looking for a rental home (don't want to do an apt) that allows a dog. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNat View Post
My husband and I are moving to the Southport area soon and are having a hard time finding suitable rental options. We have been looking online and tried to call a few contacts, but no one is calling us back. I will be starting my new job in Southport in one month and we really need to find a place fast. Any suggestions or contacts that I can try? We are looking for a rental home (don't want to do an apt) that allows a dog. Thanks in advance!
You might try MilitarybyOwner.com One neighbor is renting a small house in Hampstead, and they are dog-friendly. You have to specify near Camp lejeune. However, Hampstead is a long commute from Southport. Have you tried Craigslist and Realtor.com ? Craigslist for ENC allows you to search on dogs allowed.

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-23-2014 at 09:33 AM..

Old 05-27-2014, 06:08 AM

7 posts, read 9,776 times
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I've tried both of those options with little success. I'm getting a little nervous because I need to move in just a few weeks, but I have no clue where I'm moving!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNat View Post
We are looking for a rental home (don't want to do an apt) that allows a dog.
I remember someone asking about apartments in Wilmington that allow dogs. There were several mentioned, which you could find by searching this forum. A 3-bedroom apt or townhouse style apartment might be available.

Another option might be if you have enough cash to offer an option to buy on a house. We rented out our house to someone who offered an option to buy it. When she wanted a dog, we did not care, since the chances were good she would buy the place.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,577 times
Have you tried VRBO.com, HomeAway.com, or VacationRentals.com?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM

149 posts, read 250,739 times
understand...Southport is a pretty small town, and it's a semi-resort area. Get on google maps and check out areas as close as you can. Wilmington would have stuff, but that is a long commute. Look to the west and Northwest. You might find a nice rural home that is not too far a drive.

Most rentals in Southport are for vacationers...ie by the week and expensive!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:56 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,994,516 times
Check the local paper: The State Port Pilot : A good newspaper in a good community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina