Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 AM

556 posts, read 622,535 times

Advertisements

What do you use LP Gas for in your home? Besides your fireplace do you have an Oven, Range, Hot Water, and or heat hooked up to LP Gas? How much does it run you per month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
What do you use LP Gas for in your home? Besides your fireplace do you have an Oven, Range, Hot Water, and or heat hooked up to LP Gas? How much does it run you per month?
good question - i would be interested in knowing that myself as our future home in Ocean Ridge Plantation will have Propane for the stove (hate electric cooking) and I was wondering how much that would run....

Old 09-18-2014, 09:44 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
As far as I know there is not a company that will bill you "monthly" for propane.
You have a propane tank that you have filled a couple times per year and the cost depends on the size of your tank and the per gallon cost of propane when you sign your contract.

Anything that is not electric as far as appliances go uses propane or natural gas, whichever you have.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:15 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
Here is the best online source I have found re prices. They quote $3.64 per gallon in Brunswick County if you buy 201-300 gallons. Propane Prices | Compare Propane Prices

Typical home tanks for cooking are 250 gallons, so filling it would cost $910 plus delivery charges. Then you have to add sales tax of 7%. (Sales tax on utilities inceased from 3 to 7% in July.) That price was for January and it has varied a lot seasonally. All you can be sure of is that it is more expensive than natural gas. Have you checked whether you can get natural gas in Winding River? There are some communities which get natural gas from the Myrtle Beach company.

I also like a gas stove, but we did not have that option when we bought the builder's house. However, I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I like my modern smooth-top electric stove. The oven pre-heats very fast, perhaps faster than my old gas stove. I could cook a custard on the top of the stove if I wanted to by insulating the bottom. I also have a "warming zone" where I can let bread rise. You might look into whether you would like an electric induction stove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina