Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 05:29 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
So hurricane insurance Is necessary. Good to know. $200 a month?
It depends on the value of the property, materials, etc. We are paying $367 per month for a house that would sell for $550,000. Manufactured homes may have different standards. They have to be on a foundation to get the best rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 07:49 AM

159 posts, read 187,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It depends on the value of the property, materials, etc. We are paying $367 per month for a house that would sell for $550,000. Manufactured homes may have different standards. They have to be on a foundation to get the best rates.
Thank you. Do you live near the beach?

Old 06-26-2023, 08:55 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Thank you. Do you live near the beach?
We are 2 and a half miles from the ocean as the crow flies.

Old 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
I realize this post is old but I have a question. Is your weather dreary when it rains or blue skies, clouds? Does it rain all day normally? I watch your weather daily and see alot of rain. I like sunshine too!! Lol!!
I'm doing a lot of research before we make the decision to relocate.
Here in E TN we can get 4 dreary, gray sky rainy days. Soggy mess!
Thank you
Hello! My son lives in Eastern TN outside of Johnson City. When he comes down here, he says the humidity knocks him for a loop!! Weather depends on the system that is coming through the area. It can be very hot and humid - but to me, not the gray humid skies of Philadelphia. We live only 6 minutes from The actual beach, so a sea breeze helps immensely. We DO get hurricanes so everyone does try to get a hurricane survival box in their home. Ocean Ridge Plantation had a horrific tornado several years ago that made it to national news (and it was a winter tornado to boot) and I believe three people were killed. It started as a water spout over the ocean. Every area has their good/bad points

Old 07-03-2023, 07:56 AM

159 posts, read 187,990 times
[quote=missynancy;65484254]Hello! My son lives in Eastern TN outside of Johnson City. When he comes down here, he says the humidity knocks him for a loop!! Weather depends on the system that is coming through the area. It can be very hot and humid - but to me, not the gray humid skies of Philadelphia. We live only 6 minutes from The actual beach, so a sea breeze helps immensely. We DO get hurricanes so everyone does try to get a hurricane survival box in their home. Ocean Ridge Plantation had a horrific tornado several years ago that made it to national news (and it was a winter tornado to boot) and I believe three people were killed. It started as a water spout over the ocean. Every area has their good/bad points[/QUOTE
Thank you. Sounds like it is necessary to be near the ocean, maybe within 5 miles to get the sea breeze? We live near Knoxville.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:06 PM

20 posts, read 24,058 times
River Landing, in Wallace is getting some attention considering all the growth in Leland.

Last edited by Klough53; 04-09-2024 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Adding info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina