Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 660 times

Advertisements

Well me and my adult kids are thinking of moving to a costal town in North Carolina like Wilmington or close to Mrytle Beach. I have lived in Indiana all my life but my mom and dad passed away a few years ago so I thought well I'm 50 maybe it's time I live my dream which is to live close to the water, but not sure about which costal town is the best for my family. I have a daughter who wants to attend college for Hospitality & Tourism and maybe me to and then I have a son who can't read or write but he is smart and knows things and pick things up really well. Then I have a older son not sure if he will come but he is shy. I want a place that where people are nice and friendly and the crime rate isn't high like it is here. I need a place where they have public transportation and good hospitals and shopping .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 06:38 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygurl View Post
I have a daughter who wants to attend college for Hospitality & Tourism and maybe me to and then I have a son who can't read or write but he is smart and knows things and pick things up really well. .... I need a place where they have public transportation and good hospitals and shopping .
The places where public transportation exist are Wilmington, Myrtle Beach and Jacksonville, otherwise there are taxis in most towns. They each have community college.

I just heard about a young adult man who can't read or write, and he was working for a guy who runs a metal recycling business. So it is possible to survive that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina