Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 06:01 AM

91 posts, read 455,541 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My parents are interested in Bolivia. Can anyone provide me info or links. I did a search and it was all real estate. I would like to know more about the area. Is there a beach there?

Thanks for your help,

Gia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:22 AM

214 posts, read 822,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giapn73 View Post
Hi,

My parents are interested in Bolivia. Can anyone provide me info or links. I did a search and it was all real estate. I would like to know more about the area. Is there a beach there?

Thanks for your help,

Gia
Portions of Bolivia are found along Rt. 211, which in my honest opinion, is a very good area to invest, commercially or residentially.
They are constructing a second bridge to Oak Island, which will allow beach access within 15 minutes.
Health care can be found on Rt. 17 or Southport, those are also about 15 minutes away.
Lowe's food store has advertised they will be constructing shortly but don't have any definite info. on this.
Depending on where they chose to live, they may only have to pay county taxes, which are very low.
Go to brunsco.net, for tax and any other information.
What other information can we help with? Please feel free to DM me, if I can be of further assistance.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
do yourself a favor and stay as far away from bolivia as possible. there is NOTHING there. all it is is a gas station and double wides. if your parents want to move there, move closer to southport or shallotte. at least there are some commercial things there. brunswick county is very boring in general for younger people. it's good for older people who want to play golf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giapn73 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Gia

Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 PM

214 posts, read 822,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
do yourself a favor and stay as far away from bolivia as possible. there is NOTHING there. all it is is a gas station and double wides. if your parents want to move there, move closer to southport or shallotte. at least there are some commercial things there. brunswick county is very boring in general for younger people. it's good for older people who want to play golf.
I beg to differ. Where in Bolivia are you referring to? There are many awesome, well established communities that you may not be familiar with.
Are you currently residing in the area, and exactly what are you basing you opinion on?
Actually the area is attracting all types of Buyers, not only retirees.
Hey what's wrong with retirees? We hopefully, will all be there one day.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
if you want to live in a cookie cutter house and drive 30 minutes for anything, then bolivia is fine. I am basing my opinion on the assumption that the OP is younger and will be moving with the parents. anyone single and younger would be bored out of their mind in that area. even if the people moving are retired, at least move closer to southport. at least southport has some charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellbelle View Post
I beg to differ. Where in Bolivia are you referring to? There are many awesome, well established communities that you may not be familiar with.
Are you currently residing in the area, and exactly what are you basing you opinion on?
Actually the area is attracting all types of Buyers, not only retirees.
Hey what's wrong with retirees? We hopefully, will all be there one day.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:40 AM

91 posts, read 455,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
if you want to live in a cookie cutter house and drive 30 minutes for anything, then bolivia is fine. I am basing my opinion on the assumption that the OP is younger and will be moving with the parents. anyone single and younger would be bored out of their mind in that area. even if the people moving are retired, at least move closer to southport. at least southport has some charm.
Thanks for the info. I currently live in clayton. I would like them a little closer but who knows. I think we will be taking a trip there this weekend. Thanks for everyone's help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina