Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 08:41 AM

211 posts, read 189,781 times

Advertisements

PinkJ - do you live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 09:20 AM

176 posts, read 240,304 times
yes

Old 03-07-2022, 05:31 PM

211 posts, read 189,781 times
do any of the sections (Players, Founders...) have any distinguishing characteristics to be aware of? I know this is subjective.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:21 PM

927 posts, read 756,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
do any of the sections (Players, Founders...) have any distinguishing characteristics to be aware of? I know this is subjective.
It all looks the same to me. <shrug>

Old 03-09-2022, 01:40 PM

176 posts, read 240,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But each has a slightly different feel to me. Founders is the oldest and original section. You can find some lovely marsh views in this area. Players has nice wooded homesites and easy access to the Regency gate which will get you to Southport a bit quicker. Marina area has, well- the marina-lol. It can take you close to 15 minutes from the main gate to get there. All homes will be in the flood plain here- but there are many gorgeous homes in this area and Waterway Park is located here. Pretty little park with walking trail, picnic areas, covered pavilion, dock out to the Intercostal Waterway. Reserve area was sold as the higher end area with larger lots. Lovely homes, but not as many wooded areas as some of the other areas. It is also located near the main entrance which is convenient. Members area is in the central part of St James and I believe was the second area built after Founders. Homes seem closer together here and less trees. Woodlands has beautiful wooded lots and Woodlands Park with a pond and theater area. Music and events are held here. Seaside area are generally smaller lots and homes- close to the Seaside entrance. But great pool and fitness facility and Pickleball are located here. Almost all areas have golf courses, ponds, clubs, and some sort of amenities close by. I guess the biggest thing I would check is the flood map and make sure that if you're looking at a preexisting home that it's built high enough that your flood insurance was not sky high. The closer areas to the marina, some of Members and Founders will all be in the flood area, although I think there was actually very little flooding even with the hurricanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina