Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2020, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,327 times

Advertisements

I’ve read that Sunset Beach/private clubhouse on the beach is “3 or 4” minutes from ORP. When we drove the community I didn’t get the feeling it was that close. What’s the real time in getting to the sand? This is a huge selling point for us moving here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 05:18 PM

773 posts, read 646,355 times
You didn't drive to the beach clubhouse when you were driving the community? I'm sure its more like 10-15 minutes, depending on exactly where you are in ORP. Google Maps can tell you based on your starting address. The clubhouse address is 8 E Main Street, Sunset Beach.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,327 times
We did but we drove around like a tourist. I knew it wasn’t “3 of 4” minutes. I took a sample house in the middle of the development and added the address and was 14-15 minutes. Thanks. Do you know of an area of homes within ORP that is closer to the southern border?

Old 10-25-2020, 06:08 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Near the Leopards Chase Golf Course, north of Old Georgetow Road (Hwy 179)--- this is the southernmost neighborhood of ORP. Try a Willowbank Place SW address, and that gives me 10 minutes to the beach club.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:14 AM

300 posts, read 475,866 times
The distance is relative to where you live in ORP, I would suggest that a 15 minutes would be a good estimate from the center of the plantation. There will be times that it will take longer due to traffic. Saturdays down here have heavy traffic during the summer since most beach rentals change out on Saturdays. Remember you only have a two lane bridge over the ICW so it backs up in the morning coming out of the beach and afternoons are worse with the the new renters coming over the bridge.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:34 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonracer View Post
We did but we drove around like a tourist. I knew it wasn’t “3 of 4” minutes. I took a sample house in the middle of the development and added the address and was 14-15 minutes. Thanks. Do you know of an area of homes within ORP that is closer to the southern border?

We are pretty close to the Old Georgetown entrance. On a good day (not on Sat or Sun in non covid-19 summer months) it takes us about 10 minutes to get to the beach house. Not horrible to get a prime parking spot on the beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: