Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 10:48 AM

159 posts, read 187,990 times

Advertisements

2556 Myatt , Bolivia.
Anyone know about this area or builder. Seems too "cheap"!!Bolivia area info-screenshot_20230605-124705.png
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 11:06 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
2556 Myatt , Bolivia.
Anyone know about this area or builder. Seems too "cheap"!!Attachment 243672
Thank you
I am not familiar with the builder, Century Communities out of Myrtle Beach. However the Mill Creek Cove community is already partially built up, and it has a gated entrance. It has a pool, tennis court and clubhouse. Myatt Street has sidewalks and streetlights, which is a rarity. It is a decent location near a golf course and other amenities. The HOA fee of $75/month is quite reasonable for a place with a pool.

The obvious advice about a house is "you get what you pay for". I believe the advertized price is the stripped-down basic house, without a fireplace, for example. However, if you understand that it might cost 10-20% more to get nice finishes, then the house is worth putting on your list. I think $200/ square foot is a more realistic starting price for a new-build house.

Another thought is that Century Communities is trying to break into the NC market and has to compete with DR Horton in this price range. If you come in person, look at what DR Horton offers in Bolivia. I suspect the Mill Creek Cove community will look more attractive.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-05-2023 at 11:41 AM..

Old 06-05-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I am not familiar with the builder, Century Communities out of Myrtle Beach. However the Mill Creek Cove community is already partially built up, and it has a gated entrance. It has a pool, tennis court and clubhouse. Myatt Street has sidewalks and streetlights, which is a rarity. It is a decent location near a golf course and other amenities. The HOA fee of $75/month is quite reasonable for a place with a pool.

The obvious advice about a house is "you get what you pay for". I believe the advertized price is the stripped-down basic house, without a fireplace, for example. However, if you understand that it might cost 10-20% more to get nice finishes, then the house is worth putting on your list. I think $200/ square foot is a more realistic starting price for a new-build house.

Another thought is that Century Communities is trying to break into the NC market and has to compete with DR Horton in this price range. If you come in person, look at what DR Horton offers in Bolivia. I suspect the Mill Creek Cove community will look more attractive.
I agree. I have a Horton house now and wouldn't want another!! Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate it. We are planning a trip in September.

Old 06-05-2023, 01:37 PM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
QRI builders in bolivia are excellant. We were going to use them before we decided to move further south.

Old 06-05-2023, 02:13 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Thats not a great location. Sunset Harbor is not very desirable. Thats one reason the price is low. It has some very sketchy areas and is not close to amenities.

Old 06-05-2023, 03:48 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Thats not a great location. Sunset Harbor is not very desirable. Thats one reason the price is low. It has some very sketchy areas and is not close to amenities.
^This!

Old 06-06-2023, 12:28 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
I still like the Mill Creek Cove community for having good-sized lots with trees, sidewalks and in-place amenities. Century Communities is a nation-wide builder, and I suspect they see a bargain where they can make money. Dozens of house have been sold there in the last 6 months, most of them less than $345K.

The negatives about the Sunset Harbor area are a bankrupt community to the south at Nautica Blvd. Further south, the whole of Sunset Harbor seems to be single-wide mobile homes. I assume these are where the working-class, such as fishermen, of the area live.

I am re-posting a previous thread. Please note the comments by Poodlecamper who lives there and Mr Purple 2.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/coas...ivia-nc-2.html

See also the comments on River Run by Ljd101:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...n-bolivia.html

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-06-2023 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-07-2023, 10:37 AM

Thank you for the input.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
QRI builders in bolivia are excellant. We were going to use them before we decided to move further south.
May I ask where you ended up further south?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina