Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Oh no, didn't you know?

All SEC'ers HAVE TO agree with each other over everything college football. It's part of the SEC code of conduct and being a FAN OF A CONFERENCE so when your team loses you can just root for some other SEC team that might be 500 miles away.

As an SEC Fan, you're not allowed to have a disparaging thought about the SEC.....conform or die!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
give the guy a break, hes from the SEC just telling it as he sees it.
I have USC vs OK in the Natty...

So what else yall got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I have USC vs OK in the Natty...

So what else yall got?
Just having a little squirrely fun with you, GE.

You know I'm one of the biggest homers on here. However, OU's O-Line would get decimated by any Top 20 program right now (the loss of Habern/Evans have hurt bigtime). Did you see that front getting blown up by UTEP?!

They're gonna have to grow up in a hurry, which I don't see happening. There's too much youth and not really one big ra-ra guy on OU's team to motivate them to play with Sooner Pride (been missing since Sam left). They're just missing that leadership, and quite possibly, OU may be seriously lacking on plain ol' talent. <<<That can't be fixed.

We'll see. It's a long season yet, but I would be shocked (in a good way) if OU went all the way.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 09-05-2012 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Just having a little squirrely fun with you, GE.

You know I'm one of the biggest homers on here. However, OU's O-Line would get decimated by any Top 20 program right now (the loss of Habern/Evans have hurt bigtime). Did you see that front getting blown up by UTEP?!

They're gonna have to grow up in a hurry, which I don't see happening. There's too much youth and not really one big ra-ra guy on OU's team. They're just missing that leadership, and quite possibly, OU may be seriously lacking on plain ol' talent. <<<That can't be fixed.

We'll see. It's a long season yet, but I would be shocked (in a good way) if OU went all the way.
I know you like having fun at my expense... I make it easy for you unfortunately.

I didn't see the entire UTEP game, but here is why I have OU in the title game.

despite your belief, i believe the conf is down this year. No way they are losing to Baylor or Texas Tech again. And I don't trust OSU, KSU, or TCU as they all have question marks and in my opinion will take a step back. That leaves West Virginia & Texas as OU's biggest games. They are more talented than Texas. and if Stoops can commit to running the ball they should out physical WVU in much the same way LSU did last year.

The other reason is circumstance... I don't see an SEC team finishing undefeated. And we all know USC and Oregon only play each other so one of them is a shoe in in the title game.

I might be wrong on OU's talent and be giving them credit for past ability but I think this is a year primed for them to make it to the Natty.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
I know you like having fun at my expense... I make it easy for you unfortunately.

I didn't see the entire UTEP game, but here is why I have OU in the title game.
Color me unimpressed. It took OU 3 quarters and change to put away UTEP.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Nice under-the-radar pick.
I have a guy on the inside.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
how bout dem pigs LOL...overtime loss to a highschool team

Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
despite your belief, i believe the conf is down this year. No way they are losing to Baylor or Texas Tech again. And I don't trust OSU, KSU, or TCU as they all have question marks and in my opinion will take a step back.
profetic...

Old 09-11-2012, 02:39 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
USC looked a little vulnerable this weekend against Cuse. At this point I think it may be a rematch of Bama v LSU again.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
At this point I think it may be a rematch of Bama v LSU again.
As an LSU fan, there's nothing more I'd love than to get another shot. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if we lost by 3-7 points in November to Bama...as long as we get one more shot in January. I know it's too early to tell, and college players grow a lot during the season, but I think this LSU team is in some ways even better than last year's. And as much as people crow about how great Tyrann Mathieu was, the fact is, once teams figured out that they could pass on his short stature, he was pretty beatable as a DB. Claiborne was much, much better as a DB than Honey Badger. The only place where Matthieu's presence is missed is on kick-offs. And Beckham's not half bad, either.

I'll say this, too: Zach Mettenberger is the real deal - he's NFL ready right now. I'll take him over that b*tch boy, A J McQueeron.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
USC looked a little vulnerable this weekend against Cuse. At this point I think it may be a rematch of Bama v LSU again.
That "title" game back in January was flat out awful. I don't think we will see another rematch. Personally, LSU did not deserve their spot, just like Michigan and V Tech did not deserve their Sugar Bowl sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football