Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Harbaugh be fired?
Yes 2 8.70%
No 21 91.30%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:50 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

A 5 loss season as head of one of the nation's premiere football programs is unacceptable. Here's what former Wolverine Amani Toomer had to say:

Quote:
"I'm a frustrated fan. I think that what Michigan signed up for was a Nick Saban, an Urban Meyer. We signed up for somebody who was going to come in and change the culture," Toomer said. "I mean, he had a great first year. The first two years I was excited, but last year he had his best team and they lose to Ohio State? That was a heartbreaker.

"And this year they lose to Ohio State embarrassingly. They lose to Michigan State, another embarrassment. I just think that we deserve better than this."

"To me, that's not a supermodel, that's Paris Hilton," Toomer said. "That's somebody who's given us nothing, but 'Oh, we're going to Rome. Oh, we wear Michael Jordan shoes. I don't care. I want to beat Michigan State, I want to beat Ohio State. That's the passion that I have for the program."
https://www.si.com/college-football/...h-paris-hilton

Harbaugh is now 1-5 against OSU and Mich St.

It seems to me that he just can't recruit talent. The Wolverines seem overmatched against higher quality programs.

Do you think Michigan should fire him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
As an Ohio State fan, I think Harbaugh's doing just fine at presenting a polarizing figure who fuels the rivalry between our 2 schools and makes your school easier to dislike. I'm not sure you've had that since Bo. The coaches in between tried to stir the rivalry pot, but Harbaugh is better at it than they were.

Setting rivalry aside, firing three coaches in a row <5 years in and your program starts to reach the point where a top 5 coach, like the ones Amani Toomer listed in that quote, won't want to work there. Give Harbaugh more time to get his recruits in place and see what he does.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:12 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Neutral party here, but Harbaugh coached, today, as if he had one foot in Michigan, and another foot in Indianapolis.....!

Old 01-01-2018, 09:42 PM

30,352 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
A 5 loss season as head of one of the nation's premiere football programs is unacceptable. Here's what former Wolverine Amani Toomer had to say:

https://www.si.com/college-football/...h-paris-hilton

Harbaugh is now 1-5 against OSU and Mich St.

It seems to me that he just can't recruit talent. The Wolverines seem overmatched against higher quality programs.

Do you think Michigan should fire him?
Harbough is a great coach...Michigan is lucky to have him. I wish he was my teams's coach instead of Ogre.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:37 AM

939 posts, read 505,302 times

Old 01-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Frustrating sure. Unacceptable no.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
one of the nations premier programs? maybe a dozen years ago. he has had some good recruiting classes, but he hasn't had much success at QB. which is ironic because he made kaepernick almost look like he belonged in the NFL.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:46 PM

3,392 posts, read 2,800,591 times
No. Michigan is no longer a premier program. I'd assume you make a change for the better and I don't see the possibility of better at this point.

But someone needs to reign him in a bit. The European Tour and other gimmicks are taking away from the substantive preparation that needs to take place.

They need to modernize the offense and make some coaching changes on that side.

They need to actually hire assistant coaches instead of hiring High School coaches to attain recruiting advantages. I don't think it's helping this year anyway as their recruiting this past year slipped.

They need to spend the next ten months scheming and coming up with ways to beat Michigan state and Ohio state. They can't afford to go 0-2 to those two again

Old 01-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
one of the nations premier programs? maybe a dozen years ago. he has had some good recruiting classes, but he hasn't had much success at QB. which is ironic because he made kaepernick almost look like he belonged in the NFL.
Yes, Michigan is still a premiere, blue blooded program even if their on-field results say otherwise. It's much the same way Alabama was still a premiere program after doing absolutely nothing for over 20 years.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
No. Michigan is no longer a premier program.
How is Michigan no longer a premiere program? They had some of the top recruiting classes under Brady Hoke. How does a non-premiere program get the No. 2 overall recruiting class in college football?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...defense-101916
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football