Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 11:19 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
I saw Bama signed a DB who said "I'm not scared of Julio Jones" I would love to see video from the first practice of that match up.

Michigan seemed to do well as well getting some good players. Notre Dame and Penn St looked like they had only average years this year. I guess only time will tell.

I loved Texas class we got alot of good players in a variety of positions. Garrett Gilbert could be stud if he pans out.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Washington's class fails to cover some essential areas, but is probably about as good as we can expect from Sarkisian this year given the charming circumstances he inherited.

I am never too enthusiastic about a class that has only one OL and no TBs. I just do not think you can run a college football program without getting a minimum of 3 OL per year, every year, and at least one TB. I'm sure an argument can be made for not picking up the 1* essentially I-AA guys we would have had to grab in order to get a couple more linemen, and it may end up being the right one, but I think class balance is something very underrated. You can't graduate all your guys in a given area at once leaving a two-class gap before the next batch. We had that at WR this past year, and I think 4 true freshmen had to play.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM

105 posts, read 580,186 times
Three players from British Columbia signed their LOI's yesterday. It's a pretty big deal when one or two sign their LOI's, it doesn't happen regularly.

Boseko Lokombo - LB (Oregon) -
Hosam Shahin - DE/DT (Rice)
Tyler Digby - TE (Robert Morris 1-AA) *Half Football/Lacrosse scholarship

There's a BC High school sports blog if anyone's interested in reading, scroll down a little bit (after a girls basketball game vs Japan) and you'll see a bit of a bio on all these players with a Q&A, as well as a main article on signing day in BC.

high_school_hamper

Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 AM

142 posts, read 524,228 times
USC had another top rated class, but no runningbacks? Next year that may have to be a priority.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:47 PM

137 posts, read 294,782 times
LSU loaded up again and if they add Bryce Brown...lookout!

I think he finally ends the "it's all about me" drama on March 12. I look forward to hearing who he signs with although there's something just not right about announcing over month after everybody else. Terrelle Pryor did the same thing last year. Just sign already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football